iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Boots

Started by sawguy21, December 20, 2014, 12:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

A  customer wants to know the chain threshold speed for footwear under ASTM F1818, I suspect he is dealing with a government agency. I can order the document for $43.95 USD but can't read it on line. Can anyone help?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

pine

I saw the post and thought you have to be kidding me.  The data has to be out there.  Well the OP is correct.  The document is 5 pages long and they want anywhere from $43  for the newest version to $51 for older versions for 5 pages.  That works out to $8.60 a page (at $43)  What a scam they have going.

beenthere

Sorry, doesn't work.

Maybe too old for your needs. And maybe doesn't give the answer you are after, only the procedure.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sawguy21

:o Server not found.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

beenthere

I can google it but also cannot get the link to connect.

But also found this quote in google (different standard, but newer date.
QuoteIn 2008 new regulations governing test standards for Chainsaw Leg Protective Clothing have been enacted. This revision to
ASTM F-1897-2008 increases the performance requirement for chainsaw test speed, to 2750 fpm (from 2500 fpm).

What I tried to link to:

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

luvmexfood

I would check with the manufacturer of what every brand you are considering. They might even have a cut sheet on their website that will answer that.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Thank You Sponsors!