iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

👋 Thanks for The Add

Started by Barny’s Saw, December 18, 2023, 09:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barny’s Saw

Hi all,

I am new to your forum. I like to cut a lot of firewood for personal use and for a church group that donates seasoned wood to folks in need.

My handle is homage to my grandpa's saw shop that he bought in the '80s and shut down in 2002. Before his shop days, he was a timber faller (feller if we are being grammatical) for thirty years in coastal Oregon. Fun fact, the logging scenes in Sometimes a Great Notion were filmed at Ed Giles Logging, and grandpa worked for him at the time as a faller. He isn't in the film, but his logs are. My dad too was a timber faller for 40 years. Great grand dad, most uncles too all were loggers. I am a first gen non timber worker "college boy".

Thanks folks!

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

fluidpowerpro

Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Magicman

Welcome.  Pull up a chair and do some reading as well as sharing your experiences.   8)

Please update and add your location to your profile so that we will know and remember.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerTed

Welcome aboard!  Look forward to seeing you here often.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

B.C.C. Lapp

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Stephen1

Welcome to FF Barney, pull up a stool and tell us some story's.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!