Started by SawyerTed, December 16, 2022, 12:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Stephen1

Carry on! looks like great progress.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

SawyerTed

I've not been fishing in so long I can't remember who I am.    :D

BUT the bathroom remodel from hades is getting done.    ;)

By the weekend, I should be nearly done.  

My lines are plumb and square because the laser doesn't lie

The boss lady worked Saturday and today.  I'm thinking she's as ready to be done as I am.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Walnut Beast

Stephen1

Looks Great Ted, 
I really thought it was going  to be pictures all finished. you were gone so long from this post! :D :D :D
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

SawyerTed

It has been slow work on the tile. 

There's a reason there aren't many 60 year old solo tile guys. :D :D 

It's tough getting up and down, doing the fitting, and going outside to cut the tile when a saw is required.  Installing the heated floor took three extra days.  

Just a couple of days of help from Emily moved things along a lot faster.  Having a regular helper probably would have cut the time in half. 

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

LeeB

No lawyers have been brought in so you must be doing fairly well.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Resonator

Like the look of pebble rock floor, my best customer did something like that when they finished their bathroom. smiley_thumbsup
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

SawyerTed

Two young men, who looked 14 years old, installed the new granite vanity top per the boss lady's direction.

The carpenter, sheetrock guy, tile man, and electrician installed the plumbing after the teenagers left (when did they start allowing 14 year olds to drive box trucks?).

Fortunately, the plumbing only took one trip to the orange box store for parts.  

My wife hates a thick backsplash and the granite company can't do much thinner than 3/4" so there will be a tile backsplash and the peach wall will have tile.  

I sure wish that new sawmill would come...

Walnut Beast

Looks great! Are you going to float that drywall tape line out on the wall or do you plan on going that high with the backsplash ?

Walnut Beast

Are you happy with the young guys work they did ?

SawyerTed

The young guys did excellent work so yes, I'm very happy.  They even repaired a chip on the kitchen counter that's indistinguishable.

The drywall line has one coat of mud and it's been sanded.   There is some touch up to do.  It is much smoother than the photo makes it appear.  

There was alot going on in the area above the new vanity top.  Torn sheetrock paper from the caulk on the old backsplash, three different shades of paint and the old anchor holes for the bottom of the 36x72 mirror.  

The mirror goes back once the backsplash is done. 

Southside

Is it the angle or is that vanity big enough that you will need your cell phone to call each other when at the sinks?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Resonator

Looks like the tools and tape are staking claim to the "His" corner of the countertop. Everything else is "Hers". ;D

SawyerTed

The vanity top is 9'-4" long.  With nothing on it it looks like you could land a F/A- 18 Hornet on it.  

SawyerTed

Quote from: Walnut Beast on February 09, 2023, 07:17:51 PM
Looks great! Are you going to float that drywall tape line out on the wall or do you plan on going that high with the backsplash ?
Looking back at the photos I see the tape line you are talking about.   The mirror covers it.

GAB

In reply #33 Tom wrote: "I sure wish that new sawmill would come..."
Me thinks that your wife is probably praying it doesn't come until after the project is completed.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

SawyerTed

Funny you guys noticed the "division" of space.  Because that's exactly how it is!  I have the quarter around my sink on the left and everything else is hers.  :D

I'll finish setting the tile today, the niches over the tub and in the shower will be finished and I will start grouting the walls.  

Got the backsplash and mirror installed yesterday. 

Resonator

Good to see the mirror is still in one piece. smiley_thumbsup

samandothers

Quote from: Resonator on February 11, 2023, 09:04:49 AM
Good to see the mirror is still in one piece. smiley_thumbsup

I am sure it was not heavy!

Nice job on the 'thin' backsplash.

SawyerTed

That mirror is 34 years old.  We decided we liked it so it went back in place.  Same with the cabinets.  They were custom built by a local man.  He has become my best sawmill customer. We will eventually update the cabinet hardware.

Yesterday we worked 9 hours finishing the tile and doing the biggest part of the grout. 

We are taking the day off today.  

SawyerTed

Eight weeks later... I'm down to some crown molding, a little bit of work on the tile in the closet and a finishing some caulking.  The last 5% seems to take 15% of the time. 

Eight calendar weeks from the day we moved our stuff out and demo began.  Take out one week or so for Christmas and New Years and a weeks vacation to Lake Lure and total time is somewhere near 225 hours.  

Walnut Beast

And material costs ?  Looks great!!

CCCLLC

And when can we sign up for this B&B?
Looks great! Can't  wait to try it. 😃

Resonator

Those multi-sided floor tiles make a neat look. Having big tiles on the wall should make it easier to clean too (fewer grout joints). smiley_thumbsup

Thank You Sponsors!