iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Newly purchased 2002 LT40HD25

Started by brooksmill, March 29, 2007, 12:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brooksmill

This is my first post so not sure if I'm doing it right or not.  I'm from West Va. and just purchased my first mill.  I started out on a circular mill with my Dad,  worked 33 years for a power company and about to retire.  I've always Loved smelling that sawdust so I bought my mill and plan on doing some sawing of my own logs and maybe others.  Have only sawed a couple logs so far but plan on taking some time off and really getting into it.  I'll probably have a lot of questions and hope some of you experienced millers can help me out.  I've been reading your posts and don't yet understand some of the language.  I've already ruined my first blade by hitting the clamp.

Dan_Shade

good job on the clamp!  hitting the turner makes you a pro!  I prefer to saw through the backstops :)

what part of WV are you from? I originally hail from Berekely County.

there's a host of info here on this site, take a few evenings and dig way back on the sawing section.  good luck!

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum Brooksmill.   8)

You're a veteran sawyer now!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

OneWithWood

Welcome Brooksmill.  The only definition you need is for the word DanG.  It is a universal descriptive used for most everything.  The other major word is food - needs no defining.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Dave Shepard

Welcome brooksmill! I too have just become involved in a new mill, a '92 LT40E15.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

woodhick

Welcome brooksmill.   Where in WV are you located?  I'm sure you won't regret the purchase.
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

TexasTimbers

Hey there brooksmill. If you don't like grits just don't admit it. Welcome. :)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

logwalker

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new favorite pastime. Be sure and hold on for the ride. BTW how many hours on your mill? Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

ronwood

Brooksmill,

Welcome to the forum. Pull up a chair and stay awhile.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

brooksmill

Woodhick/Dan_Shade:  I'm from Petersburg, Grant County.  And by the way I Love Grits. 

TexasTimbers

Good man. DanG should be along anytime now to find out if you have any recipes which might not be in his arsenal. That would be shocking though. :)

DanG is the moniker for his actual name . . . . Dan Grits. It's also the official "cussword" of the FF.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

johncinquo

Welcome and enjoy the forum! 

I'm kinda gettin the willies.   This is the third time this week I've run into a funny coincidence....

I am John Brooks.  And, I live in Grant Michigan. 
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

thecfarm

You will be happy with the mill.Welcome to the forum.I will ignore the fact that you like grits.     :D   :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!