iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

set works

Started by twobears, August 31, 2006, 03:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twobears

has anybody ever made there own electronic set works for a sawmill?? i was just looking at them on the web..kinda pricy.!!!!

delbert

Modat22

I'm pondering a simple one for mine. It will only control the cutting thickness though. I'll post pictures as I start building it. Probably 2 or 3 weeks from now, currently testing a couple different rotary encoders for the best pulse to distance travel match.
remember man that thy are dust.

twobears

next question..does anybody know of a few good websites where i could learn about the electronics to build my own?? years ago,i was kinda into electronics but,it was a long time ago and i need a refresher. i know one of you guys built a computer controlled metal cutting torch...the brains on this site should be able to build a set works... eh?

delbert

Modat22

I don't know how many functions you want but really you don't need much electronics to build a simple one.

Look for programmable counters on ebay and some precision encoders at the same time. Many of the good counters have relay connections that are controlled by the counter. Like relay on till count reached, reverse relay till programmed count reached etc. I've seen counters that have RS232 connections for computer interface sell for 20 bucks on ebay.
remember man that thy are dust.

Thank You Sponsors!