iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

GRITS! . . . .

Started by TexasTimbers, October 17, 2007, 11:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

Anything less is just food!  8)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Yup, that's what happens when you eat grits! ;D

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Dave Shepard

An ignominious begining for our new food board. ::) ::) ::)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

The controversy begins anew :-\.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

asy

What's that music I hear in the background???

"here we go 'round the marleberry bush...."

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

thecfarm

Here we go again.I'd much rather hear about what blade lube is better,water and soap or bar and chain oil and diesel.  :D  Pretty quick someone will say how good grits are for breakfast.    ::)  ::)  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Teri

I'm eating some right now as I'm reading on here!!! ;D ;D ;D

Norm

Teri and Harold sent me up some real southern grits to try some time ago when I asked a couple of questions about them. I've cooked them several times and can say that they are pretty darn good. I'm not sure that I'm making them correctly though. How about some methods and recipes from you grits lovers.

BBK

Quote from: thecfarm on October 18, 2007, 06:43:55 AM
Here we go again.I'd much rather hear about what blade lube is better,water and soap or bar and chain oil and diesel.  :D  Pretty quick someone will say how good grits are for breakfast.    ::)  ::)  ::)

Now thats enough by golly. Everyone knows GRITS is in the main breakfast food groups along with beer and cheerios. ;D
I love Farming, Logging, Sawmilling, Fishing, and Hunting.

Engineer

Quote from: thecfarm on October 18, 2007, 06:43:55 AM

I bet grits taste a lot better with some bar oil and soap.   food6

sawguy21

Beer, grits and cheerios for breakfast. :o Definitely a southern thing. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

TexasTimbers

I don't know Maurice, first I ever heard about having cheerios with grits and beer.

Hey guys I am gonna go over and make a post in the Oatmeal Camp. Y'all don't ban me from Gritsville but I have to admit something . . . . I like oatmeal also!  :o  :-\

But never fear, Grits is #1 and by a longshot. Oatmeal is only used as an emergency backup. 

I am gonna go over and try and make peace with the People of Oatmealville. Pray for me . . . . . . . .......

Texas Ranger

Here is a mind bender, posted elsewhere under another post heading.

GRITS.   Girls Raised In The South.

I will leave  you to your own devices. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Furby

Them the type of GRITS I like Tex! ;)

Tom

QuoteHow about some methods and recipes from you grits lovers.

Norm,
There's some intricate instructions and recipes on the knowledge base. 

The Knowledge Base is back!!

Norm

Thanks Tom! Boy those baked cheese grits look tasty, I'll have to try them out this weekend. :)

TexasTimbers

So Norm I assume since I have dual citienship - one foot in the oatmeal camp and one in the grits camp i am allowed to post anyway? :D

Furby

Sneaky, real sneaky TT! ;D

Texas Ranger

Eeeeewwwwwwww, one foot in grits and the other in oatmeal.  Sounds like a college prank
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Dave Shepard

Well, as promised, I tried some grits. Anybody want an almost full container of grits? I was skeptical as soon as I saw the recipe called for four ounces of pastuerized process cheese product. That'a sacrilege in a dairying household. ;) I lopped off a hunk of Cabot extra sharp and tossed it in the pot. Might have been four ounces, probably was more like ten. :D I'll stick to oatmeal, wouldn't want to deprive the gritsfolk of even one grit.

Dave

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Radar67

Now Dave, you know, as well as every person on this forum, that you can not have a proper opinion on the taste of grits until you have had grits made by a true Southerner.  ;)

Spend about 2 days with DanG and I guarantee you will like grits... :)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Dave Shepard

Maybe we can have a grits cooking demonstration at the Pig Roast. (I hope Jeff didn't hear that  :o )  ;D

Now I am not saying they weren't edible, but they are not going to be replacing oatmeal at my house anytime soon. :)

Dave

Radar67

Here's a good test for all you Northern Boys. What do you put on your rice? And, what do you put on your mashed tatters?

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Thank You Sponsors!