iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jim King

Started by Jeff, June 22, 2012, 09:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

It was brought to my attention by one of our members that they had noticed that Jim King had been missing form the forum for quite some time, so he had googled him and found mention that he had passed away. I searched a bit more and found this page that seems to confirm that Jim passed away on February 23 of this year. I had noticed his absense as well, and was just getting ready to send him a note about the pigroast, because he had told me not long before hte date of his death that "If I'm still alive, I'll be coming to the pigroast this year".  I sure wish he was coming. :-\

Thanks for touching our lives Jim.

http://jungle-love.org/2012/02/24/jim-king-rip/

https://forestryforum.com **/f2/jim-king-iquitos-peru-36798/
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Sprucegum

I am sorry to hear that, he was a real pioneer.

sawguy21

I am saddened by this, he was a remarkable man.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sandhills

Very sorry to hear that as well, I also was wondering about him, I really enjoyed reading his posts and stories.

Kansas

Ah *DanG.  Loved his posts. Admired the way he lived his life. Not much fear and a lot of independence. Sad to see.

Chuck White

Sorry to hear the news of Jim's passing.

He was definately one of the spokes in the big Forestry Forum wheel!
He kinda made things go 'round!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Burlkraft

I am saddened by this news.
Jim was a wisconsin native and an all around good guy. After all the problems with his wife a couple of years ago I thought that they were in the clear.
RIP Jim
Why not just 1 pain free day?

tcsmpsi

Sad to hear of Jim's passing.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

VT_Forestry

I, too, admired the independence with which Jim lived his life and the different perspective he provided on the forest industry.  Sad news indeed.
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

Ed

I always enjoyed his posts, he'll be missed.

Rest in peace Jim.

Ed

Corley5

:( :(  I always enjoyed his reports on his adventures  :( :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Dodgy Loner

I hate to hear this. I always enjoyed reading his posts :'(

I'm sure he's now busy managing the big rainforest in the sky.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Patty

Rest in Peace Jim. I always admired you for living life to its fullest every single day.   
My goal is to do 1-arm pushups someday. You are an inspiration!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

fuzzybear

This news saddens me in many ways. I lost a friend and the rain forest lost it's biggest Champion. Jim and his Wife helped me through a very hard time in my life, I could never repay him for his kind words and support. The native people of Peru have lost a brother that will be forever missed.
Your Journey is over my friend, I hope the next one find just as many adventures as this one did. Until we meet again my friend. Just make sure you have the best rum the next life has to offer, so we can finally have that long talk over a glass of "the best stuff ever made". I will miss you.
Donovan :'( :'( :'(
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Mooseherder

Very sad news. :-\

Magicman

Very sad news about a very colorful character.  His contributions to the Forestry Forum will be missed.  I offer my condolences to the family.

The last post that jim king made was simply a quote.  To me, the issue is unimportant, nor the person that he quoted.  He was showing respect:

"We should be thankful for both and respect the choices that each individual makes whether they pursue one or the other or some of both."
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Yes, I to had wondered what became of him, and just after lunch today sent a little note to Jeff. I figured something was up with his health, as he had been having heart troubles. I was looking forward to the honor of meeting him at this year's roast. Now I admired what he was about, but felt his long winded posts to the choir here, were a little winded at times. I know he was very frustrated at times with the politics down there and especially NGO's that tend to flock into those areas with "trust us we'll save you". That being said, I always believed him to be a fine fellow and sadly we'll not get to meet him. 
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

LeeB

Sad to see Jim go.There aren't many of his kind left today. A loss for the world.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Hilltop366

Sorry indeed, his posts were interesting reads.

Clam77

I didn't know him but it's sad to hear of another FF member dying.   :-\   No doubt he'll be watching over the forum and laughing with us.
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

crtreedude

Sorry to hear that - one of the few I know who I always figured makes what I do seem tame.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

isawlogs

RIP mon ami   :'( :'( :'(
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I did not know Mr. King, but may he rest in peace. I can see he will truly be missed,
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

That is too bad. I always enjoyed his posts about cutting wood. It was a whole different way to get the wood out of the woods.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bill Gaiche

RIP Mr Jim King. Have missed your post on the FF. I read every post that he and Doc made about Jims wife when she was injured. May his family and friends find some peace that he is being taken good care of now. bg

Thank You Sponsors!