iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mystery neurological disease discovered in 2015

Started by SwampDonkey, March 19, 2021, 11:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

A mysterious neurological disease discovered in 2015, has only been seen in New Brunswick. It is similar to Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, which is not genetic, but is an aggressive degenerative brain disorder that leads to dementia and is fatal. Likely this is environmental (water, food etc..) Researchers are seeing if it is related to prion diseases (such as mad cow). 42 cases so far on the north shore and Moncton regions.

Environment a chief suspect in mystery neurological disease found only in N.B. | CBC News
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Gary_C

Most likely it's going to be found to be a prion disease which no government wants to talk about. The US denies that prion disease exists in the US but there is a specialized designated testing center where you can send brain samples in for testing. All other research is done offshore on an island.

The only sure way to detect a prion disease is by a brain biopsy and who wants to volunteer for one of those. 
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

firefighter ontheside

Interesting.  One of my coworkers dad died from Creutzfeldt-Jakob last year.  He was healthy one week and then dead 2 weeks later.  The disease worsened so quickly there was nothing to do for him.  He had some neurological symptoms and a few days after he was diagnosed he passed away.  From what I remember its the same as mad cow disease.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Runningalucas

Our world is polluted both physically, and more so spiritually.  There's more profit in 'treatment', and 'funerals' than there is in health, and fixing; people buy into this bull crap just as long as they feel 'special', and have 'another pill'. 

I'm a walking testament to this, and know intimately the huge boxes labeled as 'disease', which have tons of evidence pointing towards alternative cures, and working treatments.  I've had arguments with the  best neurologists at places like Barrow's, and often times, a disease label is for nothing more than funding, and that funding comes with multiple strings attached as to what can be 'looked at', and what 'must be ignored'.   
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

SwampDonkey

They are quite confident that it is not a prion disease. It's something totally new.

What's causing N.B.'s mystery neurological disease? Worried residents want answers | CBC News

Dr Cashman said:

"There is no evidence, not a hint — even in the three autopsies that have been performed — of a human prion disease. That came as a surprise to me, frankly," he said. "So in essence, this is something new, and we need to get on the stick and figure out what this is."
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!