Forum Support Auction: Figured Oak Bowl

Started by Dodgy Loner, May 25, 2008, 11:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgy Loner

I'm just posting to notify y'all of the auction of an oak burl bowl for the support of the Forestry Forum.  The wood for the bowl was sawn by metalspinner, who sent it to WDH, who cut it into a bowl blank for me.  I turned it into the bowl you see here: 10.5" in diameter and 3.25" tall.

I don't know how to change the name of the url, but here's a link to the auction on eBay:
eBay Bowl Auction

Hope y'all enjoy! :)

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Warbird

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

bigtreesinwa

Quote from: Dodgy Loner on May 25, 2008, 11:30:53 PM
I'm just posting to notify y'all of the auction of an oak burl bowl for the support of the Forestry Forum.  The wood for the bowl was sawn by metalspinner, who sent it to WDH, who cut it into a bowl blank for me.  I turned it into the bowl you see here: 10.5" in diameter and 3.25" tall.

I don't know how to change the name of the url, but here's a link to the auction on eBay:
eBay Bowl Auction

Hope y'all enjoy! :)

Holy cow! That's a beautiful piece of woodworking!

I did a bunch of woodworking through high school and my early college years, then moved out from my parents house. I'm slowly getting tools and starting to do it again, but it's taken me a number of years to acquire all of the tools I need.

That's sure something to be proud of!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

WDH

WDH

The high bid was $112.50.  That is a bargain at that price 8).

Jeff

I'll leave it up to the winner if they want to come on and tell ya they one, but it is a Forum member.

Thanks Forum Member! ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dodgy Loner

Thanks for bidding!  Hope whoever won it enjoys it!  I'll ship it as soon as I get an address to ship to. :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Patty

8) 8) 8)  As DaffY Duck would say, " It's mine, all mine!"

Whoo Hoo!   8) 8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

WDH

DanG!  I thought I had it!  I was high bidder for 3 days.  With an hour to go, I thought that it was mine.  Got interested in "Nature" on PBS, and when I checked back in, it was gone :).

Way to go Patty 8).

Patty

Danny, you gotta keep an eye on us crafty old eBayer's! I saw your bid there for several days, I was the bid before yours. So I decided I would be crafty and snipe your bid at the last minute.  ;)

Hopefully your rhubarb cake will ease some of the pain you are feeling right now. I hope to get it baked for you in the next day or so...
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Dodgy Loner

I'll be shipping it to ya today Patty!  Hope you enjoy owning it as much as I enjoyed turning it 8)

metalspinner

8) 8)

Way to go, Patty! I'm glad a member won it. :) 

That sure is some nice turning by Dodgy.  Only wish I got to feel it.  That is one of my favorate senses to use when when checking out a turning.  That looks like a nice light-weight bowl.

I've been watching quite a bit of the National Geographic Channel lately, and that bowl looks likes a distant planet. smiley_hydrogen
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

WDH

Quote from: Patty on June 02, 2008, 09:37:17 AM

Hopefully your rhubarb cake will ease some of the pain you are feeling right now. I hope to get it baked for you in the next day or so...

Patty,

I am traveling on business, not back home till Friday, so no hurry on the cake. 

Crafty is right ;D.

Patty

Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

WDH

Patty

THE BOWL HAS ARRIVED!!!   8)

It is very beautiful, even nicer than I expected. The burl figure in it is just awesome. Thanks again!

Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....