iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum Support Auction - highly figured sugar maple bowl

Started by Warbird, April 12, 2009, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbird

Hey guys, this is your chance to own a piece of Forestry Forum history and help out at the same time!  It is my turn and honor to offer up something to help support this place we all love so much.  This bowl is absolutely beautiful.  It was turned by Pasbuild from wood taken from a Sugar Maple tree discovered by Reddog in the Huron Mountains.  The tree had been taken down by a storm.  Yes, it is 'the tree' they've talked about here in a couple of threads over the last year or so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270373320507

As the listing states, the pictures do not do the bowl justice.  Pasbuild did a great job turning this bowl and Reddog has quite the eye to have spotted that down tree.  This kind of figure is a rarity and we are all lucky to have a chance to own piece of it.

Good luck and good bidding!

James

customdave

James, that would be a rare keepsake, nicley done! It would be an honor to own.

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Warbird

You guys are making me proud.  I have different pics of the bowl available in my photo gallery:

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=2236

If anybody wants to see larger pictures before bidding, feel free to send me a PM.  I will reply with a link to the full sized images from the gallery.

Warbird

stonebroke

Chico

My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

Warbird

Chico, the only work I did was bid on a different bowl that pasbuild auctioned here some time ago.  He is the one that turned this bowl and deserves the credit for it.  :)

okie

Striving to create a self sustaining homestead and lifestyle for my family and myself.

Jeff

No, this is a different bowl.  Warbird won at auction a different bowl, but due to the generosity in the bidding, Pasbuild included a second bowl mid auction if a forum member won, then after Warbird continued to bid and win, Pasbuild surprised him on delivery with a third bowl, all made from the same beautiful figured log. Warbird continues his and Pasbuild's generosity by offering back at auction that third bowl. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Warbird

Time to spice up the offerings a bit, during the last hours of the auction.  If the bowl goes to a Forestry Forum member, the following will be sent along with the bowl:

It is a brand new, Alaskan Ulu knife.  I just got it today and it's never been taken out of the packaging.  This set was made right here in Alaska (not by me but a company in Anchorage).  The cutting board/bowl and handle of the knife are made from Alaskan birch.

Figured I'd throw in a bit of Alaska as a way of saying thanks for supporting these forums.  :)

Warbird

Warbird

I am happy to say the bowl went to a forum member.  Both it and the Alaskan ulu knife are on the way to their new home!  I'll leave it to the winning forum member to come forward if they wish to.

Special thanks to Pasbuild, Reddog, and the winning bidder for your generosity and support of these forums!

customdave

Thanks Warbird, I can hardly wait for the package to arrive! Thanks also for the bonous gift you threw in, the Alaskin ulu knife, & the donated bowl that Pasbuild made. I will treasure it always especially knowing this purchase goes to supporting the Forestry Forum!! I would also like to thank Reddog & Pasbuild for their part in this bowl auction. I understand Pasbuild did a superb job turning this bowl. 8)

Dave

customdave

Picked-up parcel from bowl auction yesterday, Man O Man is that a nice bowl, Pasbuild did a excellent job !, he must have done 1 before!! It sure is a unquie piece of wood. Very glad to have this in my home! Thanks Warbird  8)

Dave

Burlkraft

Yup "Thee Bob" sure can turn a bowl  ;)  ;)  ;)

Are ya givin' lessons Bob ??  ;D  ;D  ;D

That'll make a nice addition in yer house Dave
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Thank You Sponsors!