iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jonsered 2165 Recoil exploded...sorta

Started by SnoJetter, June 24, 2021, 10:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Real1shepherd

It's a PNW and BC thing....if you never used large dawgs, full-wraps and are happy, just forget about it.

No one is trying to say you're missing something or need these extra tools.

Kevin

donbj

It's a big saw big wood thing then. My 394's and the 2100's have big dawgs. The thing I don't get is seeing the smaller saws decked out with dawgs that look quite odd on the saw. But if that's what a guy wants that's what a guy does. Same as hoppin up your car back in the day I suppose. We put lots of things on them for sure not needed
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Real1shepherd

It's impossible to explain large bark timber until you actually see it in person and try to work a saw felling with the typical smaller/factory dawgs. Saws like the 2100/2101 came with the larger dawgs. I don't think I've ever seen one of those saws without them, although maybe in another part of the country you could have gotten smaller dawgs...I dunno.

I have seen many with the factory wrap....or what I call the half-wrap. The saws didn't leave Sweden with the full-wraps on. They were put on in NA by dealers and/or subcontractors.

Kevin

Thank You Sponsors!