iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

road all torn up

Started by shadetree, April 18, 2004, 08:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadetree

a logger started cutting on a neighbors property about 4 weeks ago. then the frost came out of the road about 200 yards of our private road shared by 40 propertys is impassable they say they will fix it but 4 weeks have gone by I think if they used a dozer to put some crown back in the road it would improve but they arnt doing anything.now it is holding us up from getting contractors in for planned projects(well drillers builders etc. ) what can be done to get them to do something without taking them to court?

CHARLIE

Shadetree, you could call them and tell them you need it fixed now because they are holding up other businesses.

Or, you could have a lawyer either call them or write them a letter. That might get them off their bohunkus.

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

I like the face to face approach best.

Whenever you get an officer of the court involved, it puts everybody on the defensive whether you are trying to be friendly or not.

Frickman

If you've tried to deal with them personally shadetree, and failed, sometimes you have to go to court. Don't go hire an expensive attorney yet though. Gather your evidence, like photos of the road,and any contracts and agreements, and some of your neighbors, and visit your local justice of the peace. They'll tell you how to go about it. Alot of times a short letter from the J.O.P. will do wonders. Here in PA you can file a civil claim against someone for a few dollars filing fee. If the logger only needs to do some grading then maybe this will kick his butt into gear.

Don't let the actions of this one outfit skew your thinking of loggers. Most of us professional timber harvesters are that, professional. We conduct our businesses and work on the ground in such a way as we are assets to the community, not problems.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Thank You Sponsors!