iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

log splitter stalling

Started by dugan978, February 07, 2014, 01:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dugan978

BIG UPDATE: i took that plug out to examine it and put it back in and started motor it runs fine now and oil was circling back into tank, but when i hit the controls to move the ram nothing happens. i let the motor run for a while to build up pressure and it still didnt do anything. then i looked in the tank and the green oil i had put in there was coming out back in the tank a yellow color? what the heck is going on. i dont care about the color i just want the ram to move!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Does it have water in it mixing with the oil?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Sounds like water? contaminated fluid.  Will the ram even move or is it frozen?  Not cold frozen, but seized-frozen.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Gadrock

sometimes air can get mixed into the hydraulic system, which is a terrible thing. Air in the system MAY allow the fluid to appear a different color.

That plug you are screwing in and out is called a PSI Regulating Cartridge....originally set for a certain pressure....which is sometimes stamped on the outside. They generally have an acorn nut cover over an adjusting screw and lock nut.

Get the correct operating valve....maybe a hundred bucks or little more...install and be happy.

Carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

dugan978

i can pull the ram out a little bit by hand. its not seized or anything. i think theres air in the system. also the plug i pulled out had a little flat head screw on it to that you can adjust.

Thank You Sponsors!