iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT-15 muffler crack..

Started by zopi, December 06, 2008, 08:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

The muffler on my mill cracked out right around the weld collar where the exhaust pipe enters the muffler box...has anyone
else had this happen? Is it a common issue?

Not a big deal, I'll just weld it up...but the way the muffler is mounted is a little funky to me...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Meadows Miller

Gday Zopi

Its happend to me a couple of times just got them welded up or got a new one . I think its because on sawmills splitters and such its beacause of the motor having to be solid mount to run the belt pulleys without any rubber mounts  so all the viberations from the motor running show up any weak points in the motor its self because when ive had small motors on gensets and stuff thats on rubber mounts I havent had a drama in the world with little things breaking  ;) :D ;D

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Don K

Had the same thing happen to me Zopi. First crack came around where the pipe is welded in. ran it that way for a while. It just bobbed up and down . then one day the whole rig broke lose at the spot welds and collapsed. Called WM and got a price of about 130ish dollars for a new one. Had a brother home from a construction job for a few days. He is a good welder. ;D 10 minutes with a wire welder and I was back in business. It will rust away before it breaks again. There definately needs to be some reengineering done on that mounting application.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Thank You Sponsors!