iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Northeast Loggers

Started by Woodboogah, January 04, 2013, 02:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodboogah

I am seeking advice on insurance agents.  I am in NH and would like to stay as local as possible, but as always price is key.  However, I would be willing to pay more for good customer service.  As of now I go through a broker and I am not unhappy but I would like to shop around.  I have been with them since I was doing strictly residential tree work.  I do little to no residential work.  I would imagine the risk involved with residential work would drive cost up, even though there is risk in the woods the monetary value seems it would be less.  Does anyone in the northeast use an agent that they have had good luck with at a reasonable rate?  Thank you in advance.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

loggah

Working by myself ,all i ever had was a contractor liability policy ,it covered both logging and excavation work for me,seems it was around $1300 per year. I would think it would be pretty much standard among insurance agencies. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Woodboogah

Did you have your equipment covered as well?  As of now I just run a tractor, I have had not had a problem but it comes with me usually and is at my house.  I will not have that option with a skidder and I dont trust anyone, especially in this part of the state.  I have had fuel siphoned out of my truck, neighbors as well.  Scumbags.  I can only imagine what some punk kids would do if there was a machine unattended at their disposal.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

loggah

I only had any of my equipment insured  if it was financed. It was mostly older "IRON" or bigger equipment. You can be insurance poor, buy insurance ,or buy equipment. I must admit i live in a better part of the state then you do. Also the one person who stole stuff from me and my brother turned himself in at the local P.D, and ended up naming his buddys and the other jobs he pulled. Broken fingers and nose are good truth serum. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Ed_K

I use W.J.Cox,lib & Equip. ins.My agent lives in Keene N.H. pm me if you'd like some info.
Ed K

lumberjack48

I had FINLANDER INS.  My Fault  8)
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

GRANITEstateMP

If your a member you might want to check through Farm Burrow.  Also the monthly flyer that NH Timberlands Asc. sends out normally has listings / advertisements for insurance folks that specialize in forestry industry, might be worth a shot.

Matt
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Thank You Sponsors!