iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well That was Strange!

Started by DanG, April 27, 2013, 11:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Quote from: DanG on April 28, 2013, 11:20:27 AM
I know it comes as a surprise, but I do consume an occasional mildly alcoholic beverage.  It helps to counteract the stress of my daily half-hour of work. ;D

:) :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

customsawyer

I don't know what kind of aircraft they were but from my experience as one of the paratroopers they used to kick out, there ride isn't none to smooth. It will absolutely amaze you that a plane that size can move around that much.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Raider Bill

Quote from: Chuck White on April 27, 2013, 09:10:53 PM
Could have been a couple of KC-135's.

That is a military version of the Boeing 707.

They are the old Air Force in-flight refuelers.

Don't know for sure if any of them are still in service!

They have KC-135's here at MacDill still
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

VT_Forestry

I know they use them down here to spray for mosquitos, and they fly low enough to apply that stuff with a paintbrush  :D
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

cinnabar

Back in my mud logging days I was returning from the rig in eastern Wyoming at 3 AM.  Beautiful summer night, windows down, radio on, not a light in sight, a lone B52 came down over the car like it was going to land on the road. I didn't hear it until it was past.  Thought I was going to be beamed up and wake up on another planet. After I realized what it was, it took 20 min. for my heart rate to settle down.  They came out of So. Dak and made a good target of me.  Does rattle you a bit, here we have the fighters out from the base in Duluth and we are reminded of them often.

Magicman

And that Wyoming pilot is probably still laughing.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

I was mowing hay one day on an open station tractor and was working my way up a fairly steep hill right next to our fenceline, right at the top of the hill I met a cropduster that was just on the other side of the fence, that'll wake you up in a hurry!

Thank You Sponsors!