iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I sawed a log today.

Started by Tom, November 04, 2008, 10:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Today, I showed up at Sid's house in St. George.  He was working on his LT40 and had three sided cant on the mill.  "Do you want to saw it",  he asked?"

After a bit of hemming and hawing, I said yes.  It didn't take long and I did a good job of hiding my exuberance.   I'm home now, hours later and still smiling.  Mr. Elliot comes to mind.  ;D

Warbird

Sounds like a great day.  Me, I worked on networks all day.   :)

Paul_H

When I saw the title of the thread,I pictured a hammock and a empty Iced Tea with a book resting on your chest,probably because I'm ready to nod off about now :)
Milling a log with a friend sounds even better.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Warbird

Quote from: Paul_H on November 04, 2008, 11:11:00 PM
Milling a log with a friend sounds even better.

Sounds better than what I did!

ellmoe

Great Tom. Now if you only at a mill at your home. Hmmmm....

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

TravisP

It could be the start of a come back. It's hard to stay away.
Learning to saw and loving it

isawlogs

Tom , I need a hand to get my mill and bring it here , I have logs already set up in the barn out of the rain snow sun ya thats the word I was loooking fur . Get your butt up here and I will let ya do all the sawing smilling , grinning you want and will throw in a few cans of your favorite chow .... I am sure that you have mentioned " peas " on here a few times , we have some good ones here . I will carve out the instrument to help get them from the can to your chomper . Room and board will be determind by how much smilling and how big grin is , but will always be served with a smile .   :)   

Hey ! Its nice to here you getting out .  ;) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Me? I took a long hike to cut brush and get my feet wet.  ::) :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

OneWithWood

Good for you, Tom  8) 8)

Kinda like riding a bike, isn't it?

If your cheeks get to hurting because of that grin, I hear the lemons and limes down there can get you some relief.  ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Captain

Me first Marcel.  Me first.  :)

ScottAR

Just watch that grin... If it makes it around to the back side, the top of your
head may fall off...   :o

Simple pleasures are the best...
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!