iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawed some today...

Started by zopi, March 16, 2012, 09:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

Started in on that white pine, which I really do not care for...but the price is great soooo....my youngest daughter showed up and followed me back and forth and did the gofer thing....she has a vested interest...this batch of logs is to be their playhouse...so I am cutting two by three studs, and one by siding...already have some timbers floating around for the foundation amd joists...
Probably be eight by eight or so.
I threatened them, that if they are not helpful their playhouse will be an outhouse... lol

I got started, amd the first log was buggy..and the first blade aspired to be a jigsaw...changed it out, amd made one cut...and my gitup n geaux, got up and weauxnt...apparently I am going to have this flu bug that my herd has been incubating...great. i went out and finished the log anyway, covered the engine up and loaded the next log...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: zopi on March 16, 2012, 09:06:55 PM

...and my gitup n geaux, got up and weauxnt...apparently I am going to have this flu bug that my herd has been incubating...great. i went out and finished the log anyway, covered the engine up and loaded the next log...

I know you're glad to be sawing....but that FLU BUG? I still got it. Head for the drug store!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

zopi

I am going to nyquil the daylights out of it...hopefully I survive tomorrow...I have a lawn which I must mow...I promised those folks I would. Big lawn. Estate. Good money... lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: zopi on March 16, 2012, 09:18:11 PM
I am going to nyquil the daylights out of it...hopefully I survive tomorrow...I have a lawn which I must mow...I promised those folks I would. Big lawn. Estate. Good money... lol

You go boy. This flu bug won't stop you from working, it's just makes you feel like you've done the job before you start!  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

zopi

I am glad I have a fast mower...I will not have to mow tue whole thing...just the green parts.  lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

bandmiller2

Lawn be DanGed rest and get well it can wait. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

zopi

Got er done...Took a big dose of nyquil and hpoefully nipped this in the bud...it tales four hours to do this lawn...I hate doing it, but it is soooo pretty when I do.
Picked up another little job today, with a little luck, I will bring home a grand or so this week.

Had intended to get back to sawing those white pine this afternoon...until I got home and the crepe myrtle lining the drive way slapped me through the window for the last time. It was a brutal execution...and I pruned and trimmed a bunch of other trees to boot. Chainsaw massacre.
Oh well. Maybe get some done tomorrow.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

bandmiller2

Zopi,if your lawn takes four hours to mow you should be letting it get long and baleing it. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Al_Smith

Seems there is a bug going round with conjestion like bronchial pneumonia .Very wide spread .I'm getting over it myself .Mrs. Smith is takng medication for it as I type .

It's tough stuff ,zaps the strength .

zopi

except for some headaches, which can best be defined as >suck< I seem to have dodged it.

Frank..I soo agree...this place is bloody huge..an estate..I hate mowing it, but it soo pretty when I get done..if it were mine...sheep and geese...and alot less crap to trim around.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: zopi on March 19, 2012, 10:14:46 PM..if it were mine...sheep and geese...and alot less crap to trim around.

Actually a lot more  :D :D :D  oz_smiley
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

sandhills

:D :D :D Ya you nailed that one Okra

morgoon

Must feel great to be back into the sawdust

I have a dozen trees here at my house to take down in various spots

by the time I get done, it is going to take me hours to mow it too (push mower)

Spring is here and super stoked about getting my mill going. I am starting to measure my time and projects as things that add to sawmilling or take away from it...and my to-do list is way more sawmill this year :)
Homemade bandsaw, made by my mentor and dear friend Unto...who turned 85 this year

And I just made my first longbow...awesome

Thank You Sponsors!