iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

290 Cummins

Started by moodnacreek, April 30, 2021, 06:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Yup im sure you got it at the right price to overlook some shortcomings. 

When you see it again glance at the main gearbox from below.  If its wider than it is tall its a twin countershaft and likely a fuller 9 or 10. If its taller than wide then a single countershaft and probably a conventional 5spd with 2spd rear.  Afaik the air plunger on the stick could actuate a rear or a trans range.  But ive never had or drove a 2spd rear.. @snowstorm  will know better.
Praise The Lord

moodnacreek

Well, she's here, another junker in the yard. The 120 loader needs the grapple rotator sealed, they tell me it can not be done. It is in good shape but begs to be painted. It feels so heavy to me after running an F for over 20 years. Worst is that it is behind the cab and I can't stand that. If the logs are on the other side of a mud hole I have to drive in it. The old rear mount spoiled Me. The trans. is an 8 speed. The title says 160,000 and the speedo says 36,000 so it must have 200,000 +, whatever, it's a yard dog and it runs nice. Tomorrow the newer Lane sawmill is due to arrive. I better live to 100 at least.

mike_belben

oh lord i hope i dont have to go that long! just imagine how stupid people will be with 60 more years of technology. 
cmon ol timer.. wheres the pics?  you know the rules. 
Praise The Lord

moodnacreek

Quote from: mike_belben on June 14, 2021, 11:38:32 AM

oh lord i hope i dont have to go that long! just imagine how stupid people will be with 60 more years of technology.
cmon ol timer.. wheres the pics?  you know the rules.
The pic's? It's more work to do that than fix the grapple and besides it looks  way worse than the loadstar. You gotta remember I never went to college.

mike_belben

thats alright i dropped out.  its why i make the big bucks warshin dishes now.   ;)
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!