iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Super Bowl

Started by sawguy21, January 31, 2022, 12:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

So it's Bengals and Rams going at it for the big dance! Who wudda thunk? ;D Now I don't know who to cheer for.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

I dont follow anymore, but I saw mathew stafford was going to the superbowl for the rams. So i hope for mathew stafford
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

aigheadish

Who Dey! I grew up in Cincinnati, so I'm a Bengals fan. I actually grew out of being a football fan at all but I'm still excited for the Bengals. I actually went out to the bar to watch the game last night, for the first time, and it was a lot of fun cheering on the team with about 150 others. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

rusticretreater

Its always good to have some new teams instead of the same ones time and again.  But good lord, its the Bengals!
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

hacknchop

Best playoff games I have ever seen bar none those teams played their way to the Superbowl. Should be a great game as both teams are hungry, I am cheering for the Bengals , if they win my friends from Ohio will be happy.
Often wrong never indoubt

sawguy21

This years playoffs have been very entertaining but I imagine the bookies are taking a beating.

rusticretreater

Bookies always cry the blues because it makes the suckers feel good that they "outsmarted" them.  Experienced books have been in every situation and know how to manipulate the situation and protect themselves.  Total uncertainty is where they make the big bucks.  The bookies have it down so good they offer spot plays during the games.

I used that phrase often to explain how my over 30 baseball team would beat the over 20 teams time and again.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

47sawdust

I don't know how they call that pass by Mahones an interception.To me it was one of those moments in sports where the Leprechauns show up.
I have no horse in this race.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

jmouton

poor old loosing lions trade stafford away and look where hes at,,   just like verlander 
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

sawguy21

:D Stafford must be grinning. The CFL Edmonton Eskimos let a beloved coach go presumably because of a drinking problem, he signed with Montreal who came back and beat the Eskimos in their own stadium for the Grey Cup. As much as I loved the Eskies it was poetic justice.

Jeff

Quote from: jmouton on January 31, 2022, 09:27:58 PM
poor old loosing lions trade stafford away and look where hes at,,   just like verlander
Yup. No wonder yoopers are mostly cheese heads and brewers fans. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Not a TV person. Have not watched a game all year, but I might watch this one. I did the same thing last year and the year before that too. I watch the super bowl. Don't know why. But I do.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SawyerTed

This was the most enjoyable playoff season in many many years.  Watching two teams fight and out play their opponents against expectations has been great!  

I'm too old to pick sides in sporting events anymore. It takes too much energy.  I enjoy seeing the athletes execute their positions.  My wife usually roots for the team that has the ball, turns out I'm happier that way too.  :D

My hope is that it is a competitive game and the stars for both teams shine.   
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Corley5

I haven't watched any football game in years.  They will be no change in that :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

hacknchop

Superbowl did not disappoint, was a good close game. I even liked the 1/2 time show which i usually don't. I don't think it would be much of a surprise to see the Bengals back again next year.
Often wrong never indoubt

sawguy21

It was a good game, kept everyone glued to the tv until time ran out. We pretty much ignored the half time show, more hype than substance, and none of the commercials were particularly inspiring. We had the American feed.

Tom King

We weren't really pulling for either team, but after the Bengals went ahead as a result of a missed call on OPI, we were glad it didn't determine the outcome of the game.

This has been the most competitive year I ever remember.  Quite a number of different teams could have won it all, but for a small number of errors, or bad luck.

aigheadish

Yup, still who dey!

I agree with hacknchop that the bengirls may be trouble for the foreseeable future. They look pretty good. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Ron Scott

Glad for Mathew Stafford after all the physical beatings he took with the Lions. 
~Ron

Walnut Beast

Representing the Midwest!! HOW ABOUT THEM CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!! The third most watched Super Bowl in history! 87% of everyone in Kansas City watched!!!! 

The big loser Terry Bradshaw!!!!! 100 million plus watching and saying why don't you waddle over here to Andy Reid!!! Then have a cheeseburger on us! Absolutely a bum!!

aigheadish

Ha! WB, I thought that was a pretty trashy thing of Bradshaw to say too. Super rude, but maybe they are buddies and give each other grief like that...

Thank You Sponsors!