iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Driving a logging truck

Started by DouginUtah, October 08, 2010, 02:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DouginUtah

www.wimp.com/tightturn  (1:39)

(You might want to turn the sound down.)
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

chucker

! nice, never thought that could be done or have at least never seen it done....
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

tjdub

I'm sure glad that what I thought was going to happen didn't happen!

isawlogs

Sure aint the first time he has turned that rig around  :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

TimRB

That guy isn't a truck driver--he's an artist.

Tim

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Gary_C

That's must be from one of the Baltic states in Europe with that RU ending on the website and he is making that turn around on the side of a mountain. Every time I get that close to the edge of the road, something bad happens. But I notice he is doing that with an empty pup trailer. And I've seen some of those guys that drive those truck and pups put them in places that are hard to believe.

But still, not for me. Those guys are nuts.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Autocar

Bill

JDeere

I thought for sure he was going to run into himself.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

Ron Scott

Great job! Some of our truckers want 2 acres to turn around and others just need the truck space. ;)
~Ron

Skiddah

Very impressive.  No room for error there.

Reddog

SwampDonkey

We had truckers that couldn't back up to a loading dock. ;D

It's interesting meeting those double wides with pups on the back forest roads. The back end just a swaying.   Wheeee! :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

CX3

Thats interesting.  A truck with picker right behind the cab could load the wagon too.  Never thought of it.
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Meadows Miller

Gday

Not bad at all a full 5 point U turn in about 1.5 min  :o :) He could come cart logs for me anytime  ;) ;D Looks like hes carting out of a small cable logging outfit doing thinnings so hes heading down the hill to load the dog trailer from another dump  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

toploader Ford

I thought for sure the video was going to show him dumping that whole rig over the side. I couldn't do that, I can't even back up a hay wagon :D

customsawyer

I had to show the wife that one since she is always going on about the tight places I tend to get myself into. I would have to practice for about 50 years on really flat ground before I would even try that one and then I would be to old.  ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

northwoods1

I want that guy hauling off my job :)

sandhills

I don't know what the big deal is, it can't be more than a few hundred feet straight down if he screws up :D :D.  Seriously though I think I have a new hero.

ellmoe

The song is Russian. My wife says the song fits perfectly, she called it "The Turn". It says "you don't know what will happen when you make the turn, you could go off the cliff or soar in the sky". I think if the first happens, the second will also! Go off that cliff, you will be soaring. For a short while anyway. :D

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

sawguy21

That guy is DanG good. I still wonder how he turned that short without hitting the tongue and pushing the pup over the edge. Would not catch me trying that.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

We had a dare devil type out of Russia as a helicopter pilot up north in Prince Rupert. When he put the chopper into a rotation (down she came) in one of his stunts it cost him his license.  Only a matter of time.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

customsawyer

I was watching it again and I think as he first starts backing up the tongue is locked to make the front axle turn and then he must release a lock that lets the tongue start to turn. It is a neat deal any way you look at it.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

northwoods1

Quote from: customsawyer on October 12, 2010, 08:25:29 AM
I was watching it again and I think as he first starts backing up the tongue is locked to make the front axle turn and then he must release a lock that lets the tongue start to turn. It is a neat deal any way you look at it.

Yes thats the way a normal pup trailer is set up. You would never be able to back it up if you weren't able to do that. He's got a good load on there too, pup looks like it would hold 2x what the truck does. Funky looking little loader on there I couldn't see what kind of bucket is on it.

paul case

that is cool and he is one driver that probably dont have a 4 year old in the cab saying, daddy whats this ? daddy whats that?

if you look he could check his own tail lights at one point!   pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!