iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First boards off of the Povlsen

Started by shenandoahsawmill, November 23, 2009, 10:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shenandoahsawmill

Fired up the Povlsen yesterday to see how it would handle a big walnut straight through. Fine sawing machine. Now I need to come up with more logs to feed the beast. Photo in my gallery.
Thanks for all of the feedback on the mill. Ironwood; I live near Berryville Va. I might have  talked to the guy who has the Povlsen in Ohio south of Columbus. He has it for sale on sawmill exch. I have the edger attachment for my mill but it is powered off the main diesel engine. Looks like it could limit deep cuts to the center of big logs (for quartering) so I may not use it. The mills previous owner said "he could work two offbearers into the ground with the band mill and edger running at the same time. One drawback to the edger is that it would occasionally bite into a board and launch it across the field". Watch out.

Gary

Tom

Shenandoah,
It's so easy to put the picture from your gallery into your post.  You should try it.  Make sure that you have a posting window open, then Go to your gallery, click on the thumbnail and, when  the big picture loads, scroll down a bit and you will see a line of green writing that says something like "put this picture in my post".  When you click that, it puts the code for your picture into your open posting window.  You can use the Reply or Modify window, either one.

shenandoahsawmill

Thanks Tom.  I looked around the site but could not figure that one out.

Gary

southpaw

Very nice, congrats on the mill and I bet you'll find logs  ;D ;).

Tom

Good job on the photos.
That Povlsen is a heck of a machine.  The one I saw had a standing platform in front of the levers where the operator rode.  If it weren't for the hammering of the bands, I would have liked to have had one.  In a production atmosphere, like a pallet company,  or  fence company, being able to saw both ways would be the ticket.

bandmiller2

Gary,whats that yellow piece of machinery behind the mill?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

shenandoahsawmill

Frank;
It is a Petibone super six 4x4 forklift. It has been a great addition to the collection of toys. Built the barn/woodshop with it. 6000 lb lift 36' in the air. Don't drive over anything if both of these things happen at the same time. Don't ask me how I know this.

Gary

Thank You Sponsors!