iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Calculators

Started by Coon, November 25, 2006, 09:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

I know there has got to be some kind of online calculators that uses the number of teeth on sprocket to figure out the gearing, but I can't seem to find one.  The baum hydraulics site only uses the diameter of the sprockets so...... 

I am at a critical point with my tracked skidder that I need to figure out the gearing.  All help is much appreciated.

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Don_Papenburg

The only help I can offer is Machinerys Handbook . I don't know if they have a website . But the book is chock full of practical info on just about any worthwhile endever .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Onthesauk

Can't help you Brad but think you better go over and check the full membership board.  They're talking about you. ;D ;D ;D
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Don P

With 4.11 gears you can really get lost  ;D

Gears and sprockets are figured by counting the teeth and using the ratio. If the motor sprocket has 9 teeth and the driven sprocket has 37 teeth, divide 37 by 9 =4.11. Take the motor rpm and divide by 4.11 to get the output rpm. If the drive sproket has the greater number of teeth multiply by the ratio.

Woodwalker

Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Coon

Thanks guys I got it almost all figured out now except for the fact that I know the diameters of the sprockets needed but don't have a clue of how many teeth are on any of the ones I need to buy.

Brad.

Woodwalker

Brad, Look at this link again. http://gadi.agric.za/software/renting/pulley.php The "size" is number of teeth.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Coon

Thanks Woodwalker.  I guess I forgot to mention that the link wasn't working earlier.  I see that it is now.  Looks like exactly what I am looking for.  Have to see if it will work offline.  Don't wanna burn up net hours if I don't have to.  180 hours doesn't go too far between 3 people...

Brad.

Thank You Sponsors!