iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking at new sawmill whats your oppinion?

Started by forestry mick, August 02, 2011, 09:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forestry mick

In the years of sawing, and seeing my dad do the same thing it was allways a problem getting rid of the low grade. I have seen far to much lumber rot throught the years >:( Now there are so many places that want low grade, grade is never a problem to sell!

redbeard

Arkansawyer is right on the money. You should base your projected earnings off of what its going to cost you BF wise to mill up low grade.  .30 bf is about right when you combine all your operating costs. That's what I come up with on my operation.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Will_Johnson

Hey Mick:

Sorry to be so late to the dance here but I'd love to talk to your personally about what I feel to be the TK advantages.

I do think whether you choose TK or WM you'll have a good mill. As the President of TimberKing I of course think if you choose TK you will have a better mill!

One of our real advantages is right here in front of you: we're big enough that we're a true mill manufacturer. But we're small enough that you'll get an email from the President and, in the unlikely event you do have an issue, you can pick up the phone and give me a call. That's a combination I truly believe no other company offers.

But -- I better stop myself. Don't want to get Bibbyman or Arkansawyer hot under the collar!

But please do feel free to give me a call at 1-800-942-4406 and I'd be glad to discuss your sawmill needs with you personally.

Best,

Will Johnson, President
TimberKing

Bibbyman

Hey, don't drag me into this...   :-X   

I need to be out sawing but Mary and the girls went off on one last adventure before school starts on Monday and left me home alone.  ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

forestry mick

Well I must say it is nice to see the president of tk here! ARKANSAWYER, redbeard, yes I do base everything off the good grade lumber, I just seem to worry about using every piece of lumber I cut that is why i am excited about all the pallet shops wanting lumber and cants they also are paying $0.40 to $0.47 bdft. Its not to bad and its alot better then letting it rot!

ARKANSAWYER

Will you will not get me hot under the collar as I do not own any sawmill at all.  :o  TK is just a different mill by design but not a bad mill at all.   As 4 posters go it is a fine mill and you have never heard me say otherwise. 
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!