iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to the forum

Started by loggerboy9325, January 29, 2014, 10:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggerboy9325

Hey guys new to the forum if this thread needs moved then do it. But anyway My name is George Im almost 21 Ive worked in the woods since I was 12. My family has been in logging since the early 60s. Our current fleet consists on 2 bell feller bunchers a 2004 648g3, 2009 540g3 and a prentice 180. Its just me and my dad and we can do over 4 loads a day depending on job. We usually do more of pulp wood jobs but some have alot of logs on them. My uncle handles the trucking he has about 6 trucks. Im currently eyeing up a 1993 franklin 170 for myself on weekend jobs. Ive always loved franklins my family owned over 30 of them throughout the years but since franklin went out of business we switch to john deere. So thanks guys for listening my post if you have any questions or concerns just ask me thanks.

treeslayer2003

welcome, glad to see some one else with a bell. mine is early, how bout yours?

CCC4

Are you going to drink "more" or "less" when you turn 21?! Ha! Welcome!

Maine logger88

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

loggerboy9325

Thanks guys. Tree slayer we have a 95 and a 97 both are ultra T so they are joystick. We are finding out as they are getting old the hydraulics are getting hotter. Anyway we had the 95 when it was brand new we put about 15,000 hours on it. My family got into chipping in the 90s but the company they hauled chips to is getting their chips from Canada. So we had to get back into logging in the 2000s. For our operation bells are the ticket. They are extremely light on fuel and easy to work on. Low maintaince anyway both ours are dangle head. I'm really interested to see what a ultra C would do. They have cummins in them I'm sure there hydraulic oil stays relatively cool. Not sure when they started with ultra Cs I'm guessing around 99 to 04. Sucks to see bell out of business. I always dreamed of John Deere making one.

plasticweld

Nice to see a young guy in the business carrying on the family tradition. My daughter worked with me for years until becoming a nurse. It is great to see. Welcome to the forum

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

mad murdock

Welcome to the forestry forum loggerboy.  Sounds like a nice operation you have.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

thecfarm

loggerboy,welcome to the forum. Check out this thread you will enjoy it.  :)
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,13313.0.html
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

loggerboy9325

thanks guys ;D and thanks for the thread thecfarm im sure Ill upload some stuff on that thread of our equipment

Magicman

Hello loggerboy9325, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!