iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dual Gastic Sleeve Surgeries for the Beavers - wish us well

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, March 07, 2018, 07:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Well all, sorry have not been on the forum much recently, but have been dealing with some medical issues on our end.  The wife and I are finally addressing our weight issues. In my case, it gave me no choice at all. Despite following the diabetic diet and watching what I ate and tried to exercise as much as i could, I found myself steadily gaining a pound or two a month. The extra pounds were literally crippling me and making it so that i can barely move. My choices were basically stop the insulin and die from diabetes or stop the weight loss or die from heart attack or stroke. My doctor said it was the doses of insulin that was packing the weight on. At the advice of my primary care physician, and I have begun the approval process for the gastric sleeve. The wife's doctor is in favor of her having it as well to help with her heart related problems. It will take about 4 months to jump through all the hoops Cigna wants you to do to get final approval. We have both started the process. My doctors are optimistic that there is better than a 50% chance that I may be able to get off the insulin after i loose 160 pounds. Wish us well. Surgeries should be in the June to July time frame and hope to feel well enough to make pig roast in August and see you all again.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

samandothers

Sorry you're struggling with the health issues.  Best of luck with the surgery for both of you, maybe you can get a 'two fer'!

starmac

Wish the best for you, too bad we couldn't do a little trading. I would love to be able to gain about 50 pounds back.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Chuck White

Wishing you both good luck that everything goes well and you accomplish your objectives!

You'll be in my thoughts!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

nativewolf

Good luck!  Our nations weight issues are no joke and I'm very glad you're doing what you can and wish you the best recovery possible.  
Liking Walnut

Ed_K

Ed K

51cub

I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thank you all. Will keep you posted on our progress. I personally have had weight problems my whole life, insulin just made it worse. The words THIN and FRED have never been used in the same sentence in my world. I am going to try to change that. At a whopping 345 pounds now, so lets say that is my starting point and see what i can accomplish. My goal to be half the man i am and get to 175.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LeeB

Good luck on your journey. It will be a new life for you.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Ed_K

Ed K

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Busy Beaver Lumber on March 08, 2018, 09:34:59 AMMy goal to be half the man i am and get to 175.

I wish you all the best on your journey.  I'm up to 210 and I wish I was back down at 175 like in my 20's.  I've dipped below 190 and felt great - my realistic target is 185 but I am just too big a fan for food :-\
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thank you all for the good will and support. Mrs. Beaver and I met with dietician week and a half ago who put us both on 1200 calorie diet. She gave us both goals of loosing 5 pounds each. Mrs. Beaver has lost about 15 and i am down 11 so far and still have 3 days to go until we see her again. I feel the difference already
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Hilltop366

Best wishes to both! Don't give up.

Perhaps not the right place to say this but I am always amazed at US tv with all the food adds followed by diet and fitness equipment adds and then blood pressure medication adds, its not too hard to make someone think that there is some sort of cooperate conspiracy. I find my self usually 15 to 20 pounds over weight perhaps I am lucky that I have acid reflux and can't eat fast food or high fat food other wise I would weigh a lot more.

LeeB

Great losses so far. Have you considered bypassing the bypass and just sticking to the change of lifestyle? In order for the surgery to do any good you will have to make a lifestyle change anyway. Just something to consider. Best of luck to you either way you choose to go.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Leave it to Beaver for some good news.
This procedure will save your life and this is good news.
I had a friend who did this 4 years ago and he his getting along very well.
Able to go back to hunting and walking, something he finally could not do before.
Praying for both of you.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LeeB

Busy Beaver Lumber

yes Lee,

We have submitted all the needed documents and are awaiting final approval from insurance company. Our hopes are to be in  operating room in early August. Will update again when we get final ok from Cigna.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

LeeB

How are you making out with the dietary changes so far?

Busy Beaver Lumber

Well got my approval for gastric sleeve surgery and headed for the operating table August 13. All goes well, its just an overnight in hospital and a few weeks of recovery, followed by a lifetime of a new diet and portion control. Beliefs are high by both surgeon and my primary doctor that i will get off a lot of my meds, including insulin once i shed 150 pounds. Mrs Beaver is having same procedure, but we are still waiting for her approval. He doctor was very slow at submitting needed info. They told me i could expect to loose more than 20 pounds a month, even more if i stay very active. Will keep you posted with pics as we progress
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Magicman

I wish you the best Fred.  Please keep us in the loop.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

yukon cornelius

This is going to be an awesome journey to follow. I wish you both the best  8)
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Busy Beaver Lumber

Ok friends. Time for a weight loss update for me. I hit a high of 348 on May 1st. From then to august 13, iost 24 pounds. Had gastric sleeve surgery two weeks ago and have lost 28 pounds in past two weeks bringing me down to 296 today. Get stitches out tomorrow. Plan is to be 80 pounds lighter by Christmas. I feel great and 20 years younger. Mrs. Beaver gets same surgery on Sept 24 th.

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Thank You Sponsors!