The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Author Topic: Loosing Memory  (Read 3107 times)

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
Re: Loosing Memory
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2020, 09:23:13 AM »
I just ran across an older topic on: Memory Loss in Health and Safety
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline Al_Smith

• Senior Member x2
  • Location: Northwestern Ohio in the center of a giant corn field
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2020, 10:01:01 AM »
I've done some really odd things ,thinking one thing and doing the other .Drove a half mile down the road and realizing my "China clippers " were still in the cup and not in my head for one example .I misplace things on a regular basis but I always have .Forget peoples names,which I also always did .So from that aspect nothing has really changed just continued .

Offline kantuckid

• Share Post
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2020, 02:17:29 PM »
Memory is a funny thing. I've never been great with names but do remember facts from all over my life back to age 3 and techy information well too. I had a secretary at my old tech school job who was as poorly organized as anyone you'd ever met but she could remember students from 20 years previous.
I was once getting certified to give IQ tests, etc., and with permission I tested co-workers and their kids as they were handy. I did my own kids as well. I can assure you that IMO, IQ and being an organized, useful person or having great memory doesn't always go together.
My wife's gone on her two days a week alzheimers duty with her mom 150 RT miles away and she'll come home with yet another memory story about her Mom who hasn't known her for several years now. Last week she thought her oldest daughter was her cousin. Of course it's routine for them to live in their childhoods. Imagine a 95 year old worrying over having to get ready for school. Or "mommy's not come back from the outhouse", where is she...
We had left over sandwich wraps from eating out for my wife to take for supper but my MIL cannot eat them as she'll tear that type of food apart before ever trying a bite and by then it's become worthless. The other issue is she'll ruin her food with large dumps of milk, papper , salt water, you name it. Has to watched 24/7, they have a camera on her bed like a baby in her home. My MIL is a retired postmaster on a great pension but runs out of in home care money ~ a year from now. The it's the government takes her home & land time, stupid world we live in.
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Must be loosing it

Started by bandmiller2 on Firewood and Wood Heating

6 Replies
Last post February 10, 2012, 09:01:09 PM
by bandmiller2
xx
loosing things

Started by Dan_Shade on General Board

26 Replies
Last post June 06, 2010, 08:02:35 AM
by IMERC