iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hey Dan!

Started by DanG, January 19, 2005, 08:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Don't get excited. I don't really need anything, but I was just wondering how many of us are on here. "Dan" isn't a particularly unusual name, but it seem's like we have more Dan's than one would expect in a group this size.

Y'all check in and let's get a head count. I'll be # 1, of course. ;D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

I think there is a bunch of Jeffs also but they keep disappearing. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

Are the number of DanG's in the threads any indication?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DanG

Naw. That don't count. That just show's that lots of people like ta cuss. ;D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

chet

Near as I can recollect, we only got one Chet.  ???  
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Furby

There be a couple of me's. ;)

I think we do have a fair amount of Dan's here though.
DanG! ;D

isawlogs

Not to many go by    Marcel....
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Paschale

One DanG proud Dan here, to be associated with all you other DanG fine Dan's!   8)

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

EZ

Wonder how many EZ's there are.  ;D

pappy

With all the wood we got around here it's a good thing we got only one termite  :o  ;D
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Dangerous_Dan

First you make it work, then you trick it out!

Tom

OneWithWood

I counted 3

Dan G
Paschale
Dangerous Dan

You probably overlooked ole DanG  :D

We just added a new one the other day. Dan K.

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Tom

Oh!   I started with zero.  :D :D

Paschale

Don't forget about WV_Hillbilly...now there's another Dan, and another Dan M. to boot, which means he's definitely a standup Dan.   8)

Dan M.

OneWithWood

Tom, I guess you got ole DanG's number!  :D :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

neslrite

Lets not forget Kevin!
 I have met 2 and include myself thats 3 :)
and I know 2 Tammys ;D
neslrite
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Tom

OWW,
I think too much of Dan to seriously call him a zero. :D  Actually I was covering my A** and didn't even think of the Joke until after the fact.  It was pretty funny though, don't ya think? :D :D

SwampDonkey

Well, one thing's fer sure. There's only one SwampDonkey.

I know, I know, but you'de all miss me if I weren't here. ;D ;D

Let's see, I'm trying to add this tally up here in ma head.......

there was 1, then there was 2 more, then 3.....no that can't be right. Did we count DannyS yet? must be about 7 by now ain't it. Dang, I lost count.  :-/  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

You guys aint even close...

WV_hillbilly

I'm here the other Dan M .  ;D  I'd have to agree those Dan guys are a  really good bunch of guys that I'm proud to be one of .  Not that there aren't a bunch of other great people on here . I have met about 75 or so of the members on here and haven't been disappointed  they have all been who I thought they would be .
Hillbilly

DanG

Hey WV_Dan_Hillbilly!  You say everybody has been what you expected?  Well you ain't been down here, yet!  ;D :D :D

Zero

WV_hillbilly

Yes DanG everyone has been what I expected . Nothing but good, truthful and caring people . In this age of computers and such , some people can hide behind the miles of cabling to portray themselves as something they are not . But I haven't  met anyone doing this from here . I just think that is a true testament as to the caliber of people running this site and those who come here to learn , share information , and meet new freinds .

When I meet someone in person from the FF Forum for the first time it's like I have known them for a while .  This is the greatest site on the web if you ask me .I can hardly wait to go to Sawlex 2005,  Paul Bunyon show and the Pig roast this year so I can shake their hand and put a face with a screenname of somemore members .

I 'm trying to fix the Southern expossure thing . My family and I are planing some trips down South and out to the Midwest. I will try to incorporate meeting some of our members when we are going to these vacation spots .
Hillbilly

Buzz-sawyer

Hope to see ya out here! ;)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Paschale

QuoteI'd have to agree those Dan guys are a  really good bunch of guys that I'm proud to be one of .  Not that there aren't a bunch of other great people on here.

I agree with you Dan, that all those other non-Dans, or UnDans are great guys too.  But just IMAGINE how much MORE amazing those guys all would be...if they had the awesome privilege of being named Dan too!   ;) ;) :D :D

hehe

(OK...I'll duck now!  I'm OUTTA here...)   ;D

VA-Sawyer

Hey Pas,
Are you as short as the icon implies ? Just how can we tell you are ducking?  Is there a "duckwalk" involved ?
Just trying to keep you honest.  ;)

BTW Some of us happen to like the name Rick.  :)
VA-Sawyer

AtLast

I count my lucky stars that there IS only 1 DanG.....phewwwwww more than 1 and I'd need prozac :D ;D :)

Paschale

Hey there, VA-S,

Well, I'm thinking you should make a trek over to the ole piggy roast come August in 2005 and see just how vertically challenged I am!   ;) ;) ;)  Oh, and it's quite a sight in person to see my beard and horns move up and down with the smile I get on my face at the sight of some blueberry cheesecake sitting on the table!

Oh, and AtLast, it's clinically proven that being around a bunch of Dans takes away the need for Prozac.  We're all so DanG laid back and mellow, it can't help but rub off on ya.  When you're surrounded by a Dans, well, life is DanG good!   8)

Hmm...whadya call a bunch of Dans, btw?  A throng?  A herd?  A bevy?  A good start?   :D  Any ideas, all ya other Dans?

(I'm enjoying this DanG thread!)  

DanG

WV_hillbilly

A bunch of good guys .

Paschale I almost rolled out of me chair . I was reading  about what you call a bunch of Dan's . I didn't see the r in throng  the first time reading it . :D
Hillbilly

Paschale

Well, DanG...I think that just about sums it up!   :D :D :D

Tom

Jeff

chet

I think I might be a close distant cousin ta all da Dans.  ???   More than once I've heard, "what's dat DanG Chet up to now."    :-/
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

DanG

Well, I guess it could be a DANDRUFF.  :-/

Paschale

WV_Hillbilly...YOU got ME laughing on that one...

A thong of Dans...that's just WRONG!   :D :D :D

Oh, and Chet...welcome to da DanG Dan-gerous dander!   ;)

VA-Sawyer

DanG-Gone It ?  

Actually, now that I think about it..... I believe that when a lot of Dangs get together, you have a.....

BLUE STREAK

DanK

I see it was speculated about ;) and I'm slow on the uptake sometimes but I'm really here  Somany Danz to brag about it's hard to know when to stop.
DanK

I've been taking my time looking arount a bit.  Lots going on here.  It will take a while to catch up with some of you Danz.  Not to mention some of the other guys too 8).

I'll keep looking around.  Also thanks for the encouragement some of you gave when I first signed on.
Dan Keane

Paschale

Well, DanK...glad to see ya answered the roll call 'o Dans!  And a fellow Michigander to boot.  Things are looking up, to be sure.   8)  The rest of you other Dans, well...don't be shy!  Oh...and if you're a Daniel or Dano, or Danny...well, chime on in too.

DanG

Welcome, DanK! 8)  There's always room for another Dan. :)  I'm not sure what would happen if'n we was to get another Chet, though. :o

MULE_MAN

Welcome Dan K

I wonder if we have the whole alphabet of Dan's  yet ???
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

MULE_MAN

Welcome DanK

Yes that's right, there's always room for one more Dan , But I
don't know if the world is ready for another DanG  ::)
 :D  :D  :D  ;D

DanG

Not to worry, Mule_Man.  I have it on good authority that there AIN'T another one, anyway. ;D :D :D :D   Probably another one of those, "God in his wisdom" sort of things. :-/

MULE_MAN

Well I guess so DanG  so were pretty lucky to have you here
The rest of the world just doesn't know what there missing  ;)

Paschale

Hey there DanK...nice chair in your avatar!  It's always a good sign when people add a pic of themselves, since it always seems that means they're gonna stick around awhile!  Are you a hobbyist, or professional woodworker?

Roxie

DanG, is it God in his wisdom, or God in his Mercy ???
 :)
Say when

MULE_MAN

Good come back Roxie,  :D  But I think DanG must be taking one
of them there so call power naps  ;D  :)

DanG

Naw, MM, I was out at the mill, spinnin' my wheels.  Had one of them afternoons, if ya know what I mean.  After cleaning up from the last time I sawed, I had to get the Hootiemobile fired up. Blowed up the flat tire, dumped the last of my gas in it(remember that) and charged the battery for a few minutes.  Got it perkin' just in time for a customer to show up with 9 pine logs on his trailer. Got him unloaded and on his way, and started to trim up a log to put on the mill. Saw outta gas, and I just put the last in the aforementioned Hmobile.  Went to town for gas. Had a log that had carpenter ants in the end of it. It was a 12 footer and I needed some 10 foot stuff, so I trimmed 2' off. Still had signs of'em in the butt end, but I sawed it anyway. The DanG aggervatin' critters went another 5 feet into the remaining 10 feet!  Got 8 2x4s out of it, but the ants ruined 4 more. >:(

Went on to a little 8" log that I wanted to get a 4x6 out of. It weren't particularly straight, but I figgered I could get what I needed.........NOT.  After a series of brain farts and a mill malfunction, I managed to squeeze a 4x4 out of it. :-/  After that, I sat down with a cold beer and called it a day. I shoulda just stayed in the house in the first place. :-/

Roxie, I guess, in this case, wisdom and mercy are about the same thing. :D :D  I'm just glad I like being me, cause I'm sorta stuck with myself.

Sawyerfortyish

Ther's Dozer Dan but he hangs out on the chainsaw forum.

Thank You Sponsors!