iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old swivel log / pulp grapple GPM requirenments

Started by racingjoe66, April 06, 2018, 04:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

racingjoe66

Sounds good.  :)  I was doing some thinking lastnight.  I don't think the one like for the excavator would work on the skid loader.  Cause I wouldn't have the control of up or down or side to side.  I would need to use the series manifold I had posted earlier with 2 valves on it.....?  Then I have the independent movement with switches for up or down or left or right.   

mike_belben

First off stop saying manifold.  That means a common port that branches to many so its just a big block with holes to common fluid.  You do not need any manifolding whatsoever in any of these projects.  Youre only gonna confuse people you talk to with that word.

Next, you are missing the purpose of what i described with the 3 way selector.  Your aux section is for a two way cylinder or motor ONLY.  Its internal passages are not right for controlling a one way component and what i suggested was an external modification to make this possible.  In hindsight, scratch that idea, its not the most elegant solution for the overall project.  

If you really want to do this forklift thing, buy yourself a forklift or plow pump valve and put a power beyond kit into your 3 section bobcat valve to feed into it.  then plumb those lines up the mast and put on some quick couplers.     Use the bobcat aux valve ports for the side shuttle, and the lift only section of the plow or forklift valve for the fork mast.  The plow/fork valve will also have a two way section remaining.  Use this for your outriggers.  

Its gonna be a lot of plumbing but it will do everything you want with no DC junk on there and no sharing of spools.  Be a tight squeeze. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!