The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Daily carnage thread  (Read 36502 times)

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
Re: Daily carnage thread
« Reply #400 on: April 08, 2021, 08:23:09 AM »
Ive not 'been there' in dollar amount on machine but ive been there.  It happens, theres a lot of worse troubles to have and youve made the best out of this misfortune as you can.  If you do just that for your entire life, it should average all out as a solid win.   

I just fixed a roof leak for a lady up the road who has a completely rotten new house.  I mean bad.  She paid 2 roofers and one inspector before the purchase and the "pros" said it was all good.  Some pro was willing to come pump in that $6.50 tube of solar seal that i laid down for $550 the next day but i beat him to it for free.

Be careful about trusting someone who has no liability after the transaction if their opinion turns out to be bupkis.  
Psalm 37:16

Offline Kim_Ked

• Id Rather Be Logging!
    • Share Post
« Reply #401 on: April 09, 2021, 05:35:58 AM »
Ive not 'been there' in dollar amount on machine but ive been there.  It happens, theres a lot of worse troubles to have and youve made the best out of this misfortune as you can.  If you do just that for your entire life, it should average all out as a solid win.  

I just fixed a roof leak for a lady up the road who has a completely rotten new house.  I mean bad.  She paid 2 roofers and one inspector before the purchase and the "pros" said it was all good.  Some pro was willing to come pump in that $6.50 tube of solar seal that i laid down for $550 the next day but i beat him to it for free.

Be careful about trusting someone who has no liability after the transaction if their opinion turns out to be bupkis.  
Well its a situation where you cant really not fix it no matter the cost. Once your in the deep end you have to swim. Id really be taking a loss if it broke and I just sad to frig with with it. It had me a little steamed for a bit. However, its already shown me the potential to make me money and has more than paid for its own parts, luckily, we do most our own work and only send out the stuff that needs specialized care, pumps, manifolds, things like that.  A business venture of some sort has been in my cards for a while, thou I didn't really know what to do. Also, my wife and I have literally hundreds of acres. Id estimate close to 700. A lot has no access yet and I do want to build some roads and a cottage there someday. I've already built one really nice road since I got it across one of our fields. Also, as most folks do, my Dad always wants work done and has always said he wished he had an excavator to play with. 
Here ya go. Now he runs it full time. Between all the repairs of course.
All my buddys spending tons on these fancy four wheelers and side by sides, I just couldn't justify. So this was a better investment in my mind. 
Speaking of repairs.. I just got the hydraulic cooler back yesterday. Its a beauty. The old one was not repairable. They had to copy the old one, build all new tanks for it, then sent away for a custom core. It looks awesome! Good weather coming for tomorrow AM, its going in!  The last repair, for now... Well, other than the new FM radio antenna my Dads been asking for, that should be here today also.
1995 Daewoo Solar 130-3, 2001 Customized Arbro1000, 1995 Case 685, Patu525, Chevy C10 383Stroker!

Offline Skip

• Saw hard or stay home.
    • Share Post
« Reply #402 on: April 09, 2021, 07:51:46 AM »
Good to see a person who makes lemonade out of lemons  ;) I think as long as you keep that positive attitude your gonna do good . Sometimes ya gotta just bear down and ride it out .  Good luck to ya  :) .

Offline teakwood

• Senior Member x2
  • Switzerland
    • Share Post
« Reply #403 on: April 09, 2021, 07:54:15 AM »
I just couldn't justify. So this was a better investment in my mind

X2 that's exactly how my mind works also!
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Offline woodroe

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #404 on: April 14, 2021, 04:34:21 AM »
Yesterday I was hell bent on twitching a 1/2 dozen Pine tree culls, 3 logs in some of them.
 Ongoing woodlot management thing
Got into some brush with the tractor and the brush got hung up on the axle beside the back tire.
Instead of stopping and cleaning it out I kept her going. Ended up breaking the valve stem off the 11.2 x 24 loaded tire.
I realized it when I felt a little liquid spray and hissing going on. What a mess
Fortunately I was handy to the yard so had it back up and running in a couple hrs but decided that was enough for one day and hosed all the slime off everything.
That'll teach me not to hurry, I hope.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Carco model E! Not daily carnage

Started by Satamax on Forestry and Logging

5 Replies
Last post April 05, 2021, 03:22:11 PM
by Satamax
xx
Daily Fabrication Thread

Started by mike_belben on Forestry and Logging

591 Replies
Last post April 16, 2021, 10:31:45 AM
by mike_belben