iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Daily carnage thread

Started by mike_belben, July 23, 2018, 11:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walnut Beast

Welcome to the Forum. Wow! Did you get stuck 😂

snowmountain

Thanks for the welcome guys. Yes. All that comes out without injuries is all good:)

Mike I've read your posts on adventures with local bureaucrats...unfortunate. Sad that west  mass lost someone with your talents. 

Jack

mike_belben

On to greener pastures my friend. 
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

So i finally get time to get back to my beloved piece of cursed junk bobcat.  It was running fine when parked then next day no start, no spark.

Wracked my brain, couldnt find the bad component but couldnt get spark.  Like a week of trying. Oh look, that almost new genuine lucas breaker plate is not closing.  So it cant break.  Hm. Oh and its got hot glue holding the leaf spring to the post.. What the china is this baloney?  Well im not getting another of those so i bought an intermotor brand.  Looks good, put it in. No spark.  Try a few condensors, nope.  Coil measures good but try a few more nope.  Borrow a known good coil, nope. New wires and plugs, nope.  Got jumper wires direct from batt to coil.. Nothing.  Fun right? Just what i need. 

Today discover that the leaf spring on this one is isolating when it breaks the points but the terminal has full continuity at all times and so does the wire.  The wire needa to be switching 4x per revolution and it isnt.  Okay so i get some isolators and fiber washers and get spark.. Walla!

Check oil.. FULL of water. Pull the plug and go to town for a filter and oil, race home for kids who are finally back to school for now. Change the filter, fill it up.. Roll engine over with a wrench and theres a funny rapping.  Pull valvecover.. #3exh valve is bent and hanging up.   Its running on 3 holes and atleast finally out of the way of the container ive been needing to move for weeks. 

I need a dirty insurance agent so i can burn this #&%$*!@ thing. 

Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Cleared up long enough to use my handy dandy spindle remover. 

Praise The Lord

Tacotodd

That's a Binder spindle cover. Where did you get those from? I have 4 of those complete (well, they were) trucks. That's why I know.

Never mind, I got all exited. I see it's just a wheel.
Trying harder everyday.

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Satamax

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

barbender

Satamax, my doors on my dump trailer and I also have a strained relationship 😂
Too many irons in the fire

mike_belben

Dexter torflex i ejected at speed. Wiped out the spindles. Time to engage my poor people ways. 

Max i dunno what that is but i sense its metallic and heavy so i like it already. 
Praise The Lord

Satamax

Quote from: mike_belben on January 31, 2021, 07:26:01 PM
Dexter torflex i ejected at speed. Wiped out the spindles. Time to engage my poor people ways.

Max i dunno what that is but i sense its metallic and heavy so i like it already.
Well, leftovers from a pair of ski plans, which were too ugly and never installed. I need to recover the second one on a friend's land. I might cut those, into straight lengths, to fill with concrete and make weights for the back of the snowplow. These in the photo weight may be 800 kilos! I recovered the square transverse beam for the winch subframe. Beam is 8x6" approximately, 10mm thick, 3/8" or thereabouts.  If left open, or if i make a little door, i will have storage space in there! :D
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

mike_belben

The only thing we measure in kilos will get a man a lot of trouble. 
Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Quote from: mike_belben on January 31, 2021, 10:05:52 PM
The only thing we measure in kilos will get a man a lot of trouble.
😆..... mm / cm im still lost but converting grams to oz... 😆.... 

Satamax

By the way guys. 

You know that even your measurements are "metric" ?  ;D

Is America Actually Metric? - YouTube

Tacotodd

And here I thought metric was actually Engrish !!!  (I spelled English that way on PURPOSE) 8)
Trying harder everyday.

Satamax

Tacotodd

🤣 maaayybe 🤷‍♂️ 🤫 😜
Trying harder everyday.

Satamax

Quote from: Tacotodd on February 01, 2021, 06:14:50 AM
🤣 maaayybe 🤷‍♂️ 🤫 😜
Well, remember i'm French. I've been speaking  english since 79, but i don't have all the bells and whistles to understand all humour. Plus, i'm thick as a plank!  ;D

Kim_Ked

Quote from: Kim_Ked on January 21, 2021, 07:53:56 AM

So its been a while since I posted anything. I thought this would fit in.
Its my Arbro1000.  I initially took it apart to replace the all the sliding brass wear parts within the machine. That was a good 1000$.  Once I got it apart, I realized that the entire top section of the delimbing head was in very battered condition. So off to a reputable fabrication shop who rebuilt it for me, top to bottom. Its like new now, 1500$ in fabrication later.

So I get that top section back and put the machine all together.  Last part to go in is the new big 92MM adjustment nut (400$) in the pictures you see here. The old nut was in really bad shape by the time I got it out. Thinking this was it, I quickly realized that the new nut will not thread in to the frame! The manufacturer cant even get me a replacement insert with the internal threads on it.  So after many hours of grinding and cutting, removing the entire top plate and continuing to grind out the old insert, I can finally see a small crack developing where the insert goes through the frame.  This is shown in my third image.  

I'm really hoping that a machine shop will be able to make me a new insert ($$$), with my internal metric, 92MM thread that I can have a fabricator come and weld it back in for me. More $$$. I can weld but not good enough that I can sleep well knowing I had a good penetration between these layers.

Stress-full [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better] man. Iv spent so much on this that It really has to work out.  This machine is 69K new and I can't replace it. I'm in way to far now to stop either.   I really need something to work out for me soon. This machine has been down since mid November waiting on these parts and repairs. Given the ridiculously low amount I'm getting now for stud wood, its going to take me a few loads just to pay for this one.

Thanks for watching!
So its finally fixed. 
After a lot of grinding, an expensive machine shop trip, an onsite mobile fabricator to weld it all back together for me and one late night under the lights, its ready to run! Iv had the parts now for a few days that I had been waiting for, but the poorest weather conditions to try to work on something outside lately. Yesterday it was like a spring day here so I took advantage and put this beast back in service. 

1995 Daewoo Solar 130-3, 2001 Customized Arbro1000, 1995 Case 685, Patu525, Chevy C10 383Stroker!

Patrick NC

Does this qualify for this thread?

This is one of the dryer spots on this job 

Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Tacotodd

Yup, I think she's stuck! Just don't make it worse and break something getting it out. It will only be EXPENSIVE!
Trying harder everyday.

thecfarm

How many drivers that that rig have?  :o 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Patrick NC

Quote from: Tacotodd on February 04, 2021, 02:08:28 PM
Yup, I think she's stuck! Just don't make it worse and break something getting it out. It will only be EXPENSIVE!
He got stuck right in front of where I was clearing trees. The grading crew was digging erosion control ponds and hauling to a stockpile. I just put the clearing rake in the bed and pushed him out with the excavator.  
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

chevytaHOE5674

Only got one side of the skid steer quick attach into the bucket today and didn't know it, curled back and bounced it and when I got out to push the latches down she was twisted like a pretzel. 

And to get creative with a jack and a tractor to make a "press". Ha

Straightened up and reinforced.

Back into action before the weather got too bad.

mike_belben

Friendly fyi.. A scrap of round pipe between the ears will stop that from every happening again.  Very high torsional resistance.  Diameter much more important than wall thickness as long as its not so thin itll dent. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!