Started by Bruno of NH, July 28, 2018, 03:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Cut list
Pictures of the mill yard and logs
For an idea of what is here

I also have a dog
She is very friendly
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on September 16, 2018, 09:04:33 PMOf course it is too far for me to be there but I will help with expenses.
This sawing project for Bruno needs much more than moral support.  There will be expenses such as food, refreshments, etc.  My check will go out in the mail today to Bruno (Jim Minard).
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jim_Rogers

Pete, I can't bring my mill as my truck is not inspected and most likely it will not pass and is not road worthy any more. I'm planning on getting another one soon.
I can push Bruno mill and work on sawing up anything they put on the bunks, but I would rather not carry any lumber off of it.
The only way I could bring my mill is to rent a uhaul pickup truck to pull it.
I can do both day, Saturday and Sunday if you wish. It isn't too far a drive my house to Bruno's.
And as I mentioned I can come to your house and drive one truck pulling the edger over and back, as long as it's class C license.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

beav

I can probably help however I will need a lift for my mill ('87 lt40hd) to Bruno's. I live 10 or 15 miles away I think.
I can probably walk my Saw head back and forth all day but after a pneumonectomy last winter and chemotherapy after I can't do much more.
With a decent tailgunner me and my mill can spit out a decent amount of lumber.
Helping others makes me feel good. So I'm selfish

DaveinNH

I can bring my mill for either the 29th or 30th, but not both. I have a commitment for one day that weekend, but can be flexible as to which day.

Disclaimer: I am not a production sawyer. I use the mill for specialty cutting for my wife's business. Maybe I could team up with someone like Jim who has a similar mill. That way I can help out, supply a mill and learn some new things at the same time.

Let me what day and I can be there with a mill. LT40 HD 26. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HD26     Polaris 6x6 Big Boss
Ariens 34 Ton Splitter       Stihl 460, 261, 70

Magicman

I have Bruno's mailing address which is different from his physical address.  If any of you want to join me and contribute to this effort, send me a PM and I will share it with you.  MM
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Gagnon Mountain

Quote from: beav on September 18, 2018, 09:43:06 AM
I can probably help however I will need a lift for my mill ('87 lt40hd) to Bruno's. I live 10 or 15 miles away I think.
I can probably walk my Saw head back and forth all day but after a pneumonectomy last winter and chemotherapy after I can't do much more.
With a decent tailgunner me and my mill can spit out a decent amount of lumber.
Helping others makes me feel good. So I'm selfish
If we do the 30th I can probably swing by and grab you and your mill.  I have a sliverado 1500, just let me know what I need for a hitch.  I don't have any experience, but am a quick learner and not afraid of work.  I am not as quick as I used to be, but move pretty good for 51.
I can also bring a couple chainsaws.

Tony

beav

Thanks Gagnon mountain. I have to warn you that the mill is not currently registered for over the road use. My town clerk asked if it was a "wood rig" years ago. I said yes and she said it didn't need to be registered. I usually follow in my car to keep inquiring eyes back a ways. In 10 years I haven't had a problem.
The mill is road worthy, I just followed my son 15 miles back from a big job.
Where are you from? I live in Newbury
Jay

Gagnon Mountain

Beave,

I am in Milton.  I am just under two hours away, so figured 10 or 15 miles from the destination wouldn't make much of a difference.

No worries on the mill.  I have a small trailer I use occasionally for motorcycles, lawn mowers etc.  Although I register it every year, I haven't had the plate on it in over a decade.  Never had a problem.  I also tow my splitter from time to time, never even thought to try to register that!

Tony

Magicman

I have gotten several PM's from members requesting Bruno's mailing address.  Contributions will allow those of us that can not attend to be a part of this worthwhile humanitarian effort to help a fellow "Sawdust" Brother.

Peter Drouin

Jim a reg license will work. DaveinNH,,, beav,, What kind of blade are you running? I need to know so I can call Ross and have him send me some blades.
Looks like the 30th we can get the most mills there. 
We need 2 or 3 more mills to go. and all the help we can get. With 2 or 3 people running my edger I think it will keep up with 4+ mills. Maybe  :D :D :D :D

Now I have to find all of my [on the road tools]  :D :D :D

Good thing I like you Bruno. :D :D :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Peter
I can't thank you enough  for helping me out.
I'm very grateful. 
I split wood by myself yesterday I had a hard time getting into the house.
I crawl up the steps like a bear.
It was a bad day yesterday I found out an uncle I'm very close with has cancer and needs a kidney removed.
Cancer in my family usually doesn't end well ☹
I'm trying to find some help but we have very low unemployment in NH.
My Dr wants me to go on disability and I told her that's not going to happen!
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

curved-wood

I am following that post very closely. Right now it seems that I could go has a helper/sawer. My mill is stationary, so with no equipment. I could go for both days. I have a small RV rig for my sleeping if I could park on the site.  I have 15 years+ of experience with a LT40 and a backhoe. Could I be of any help? 

beav

Peter, it sounds like we are going to have a pine day. 042 x 10° works for me. Prolly Dave too.
Tony, my mill has a standard 2" ball hitch. I think my place might be on the way from yours. You will be coming up 89? (I'm not sure where Milton is)
Thanks to all
Jay

Bruno of NH

There is room in the back for an rv

beav

Peter, more precisely:
Wood mizer .042 x 1 1/4 x 158; 10°

chep

I will be there with chainsaws and a strong back!
Sounds like it will be an awesome day

DaveinNH

.042 x 1 1/4 x 158; 10° will work for me as well. Let me know what else I can bring. I will throw in a few peaveys. I can also throw in a Stihl backpack blower for cleanup help.
Wood-Mizer LT40HD26     Polaris 6x6 Big Boss
Ariens 34 Ton Splitter       Stihl 460, 261, 70

Gagnon Mountain

Quote from: beav on September 19, 2018, 08:49:05 AM
Peter, it sounds like we are going to have a pine day. 042 x 10° works for me. Prolly Dave too.
Tony, my mill has a standard 2" ball hitch. I think my place might be on the way from yours. You will be coming up 89? (I'm not sure where Milton is)
Thanks to all
Jay
Milton is southeastern part of the sate.  Just north of Rochester on the Maine border.  I haven't looked to see which way to go, but send me your address and I will just head straight to you.  I am all set with the hitch.

Everyone:

Do we have a time yet?  I am just under two hours away.

I have no experience with sawmills, but can bring a chainsaw or two, leaf blower, and a somewhat able body.....

Looking forward to a learning a bit from you guys.

Tony

Oliver05262

Peter, I'll come in my service truck. Tools, welder, torches, air compressor.

Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Peter Drouin

Thanks, Oliver06262 
Looks like we will have 3 mills and an edger so far, Looks like Sunday the 30th is it. 
Blades are on order.
Start time daybreak.  ;D
Jim, I will have my pickup with the edger all hooked up with a bunch of junk in the back ready to go.  :D
When you get here we'll go.

Now we want 65° and sunny. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Percy

You got some good friends Bruno!! Wish I wasnt so far away....MM, pm me your address and Ill send you some coin to go along with what you are sending....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

barbender

You guys are awesome!
Too many irons in the fire

Peter Drouin

Bruno, is that 4276 main st Springfield address is where the mills are going?
I was going to put it in my GPS. 
I don't want Jim and I to end up at the cfarm.  :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

Yes Peter 
4276 main st Springfield nh 
Rt 114

Thank You Sponsors!