The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Dynamic Green Products Inc.

Author Topic: Husqvarna 372xp x torq problem  (Read 3650 times)

Offline sawguy21

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: Husqvarna 372xp x torq problem
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2020, 08:38:38 PM »
All he is saying is don't criticize Husqvarna for your problems with a cheap knockoff, they don't belong in the same sentence. @Spike60 is an experienced tech and knows his chit. Listen to him, you might learn something.

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Online Jeff

• Fearless Leader
  • Administrator
  • I know that I do not know.
    • Share Post
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2020, 06:58:50 AM »
Thanks for making a stink about some advice I gave.  I guess I could mention that the 372XT can have a cracked intake, a seal leak in the crankcase, a leak in the head gasket, and a sticky throttle.  I guess you feel this forum is for bashing other members.  I want to get help and give some advice and info if I have any to share.
Ya know what? This forum is not for bashing other members. Its not allowed, but it was also not built to dispense idiototic information. I don't have a clue about chainsaws, i would not attempt to pretend, because I would be called out as a fool, and they would be right.  Kinda exactly how you looked on the topic when you were expounding your complete and utter lack of knowledge on how many bf of lumber are in a cord. The chainsaw boys here do not play.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life.
Ezekiel 22:30

Offline weimedog

• Senior Member x2
  • Better to be a "Has Been" than a "Never Been"!
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2020, 10:10:59 AM »
Think sawguy21's post is a clear and simple clarification to those who will listen.

This like 2.0 of another thread where the same premise was laid out where since a Huztl XT was bad the OEM must be as well, I guess I understand how that "leap" can be done and obviously the discussion trying to explain the difference between clone and real OEM saw wasn't accepted. That's a shame, but it's not worth a battle to spam a classy site like this. AND statistics are on display here.  If that concept isn't understood, my guess is no amount of logic will change that, like other things in life; an understanding that is a 50/50 mix of reality & logic vs. pure emotion. :) At some point just let it go ...
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Offline O.R.Birr

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2020, 07:11:37 PM »
Funny you say that.  Apparently alot of people on this forum think the 372XT is the design flaw!  Well...I guess buying a cheapo model to get me buy isn't so bad then.  I spent less than a 1/3 the price of oem to find that out.  Now you're telling me eveyone LOVES these XT's.  Are you a dealer?  

Offline Southside

• Administrator
  • Have a plan to saw every log you meet.
    • Share Post
    • White Oak Meadows
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2020, 07:38:33 PM »
A dealer? Are you a troll?  I don't think I have ever heard anyone bash a 372 or a 372XT.  If you have legitimate issues with your cheap, Chinese knock off then by all means participate and guys will gladly help.  Some have turned those into at least a reliable saw.  If on the other hand you simply live to stir the pot and cause trouble - well, us Admins play even less than the chainsaw folks do.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Offline ehp

• Senior Member x2
  • logger/chainsaw hack
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2020, 07:41:22 PM »
I have most likely put more hours on a XT husky than just about any person here , there is no design flaw that I have seen and I have saws with a lot of hours on them . all that was wrong with the first guys post is the carb needed to be adjusted richer , if your at the carb limiter just shove the outside ring on the jet in and adjust the jet to where it needs to be then let the limiter ring come back out on the jet , the end of a file works good for shoving the ring in. if your idle is high enough   the advance in the coil kicks in and that raises the rpms up and down so keep the idle down below where the coil advance kicks in

Offline ZukiRyder400

• Member*
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2020, 09:24:31 PM »
It could be a kinked fuel line. Same thing was happening with my X Torq right after I rebuilt it. Ran fine one minute and the next it was running lean. The metering lever being too low as well could cause it run lean as well. 
- Husqqvarna 372XPW (51.4mm) ported by A. Derp

- Husqvarna 281XP

-Jonsered 2159 w/ 357XP top end ported by A.NutherDerp

Offline Spike60

• Share Post
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2020, 08:10:09 AM »
That could be it Austin. I actually kinked a fuel line doing a quickie rear mount replacement for a guy a couple months back. Pulled some extra line out when moving the tank to get at the mount, and it then kinked when I put the tank back in place. Never started the saw, or I would have found it. Normally don't do "while you wait" repairs, but but this customer is one of the exceptions. And the stories he tells when you are working on his saws are priceless.

Sorry I struck a nerve there with O.R. Don't feel it was "bashing" as I said nothing personal; just a little sarcastic/humorous disagreement. But it's worth noting that I see an awful lot of people come to this site for advice. A lot of "I'm New" guys looking for a little help. Many aren't looking to stay and hang out; just have a problem they need some asistance with. I gotta assume something must be directing them here, identifying FF as a good reference source. So, it's worth the effort to keep the quality of the advice up there with the forum's reputation. Just sayin'. :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Husqvarna 372xp Original Edition vs. 372xp Current Edition "X-Torq" Saws.

Started by weimedog on Chainsaws

69 Replies
Last post January 11, 2021, 10:43:28 AM
by weimedog
xx
372XP X-Torq Modding

Started by XP_Slinger on Chainsaws

471 Replies
Last post January 19, 2019, 07:04:56 PM
by barton174
xx
346XP/NE & 372XP X-Torq Unlimited Coils