iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' 2019 ???

Started by Magicman, March 08, 2019, 08:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Tex

Quad..... impressive load of beams.

Stephen1.... that's an awesome setup.....don't loose your balance!.  Creative. 
LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

Andries

You really elevated yourself on that job!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Bruno of NH

Milling more ash slabs sold 4 right off the mill
My sales are down only selling 1/4 of what I'm used to.
Have some of the best products I have ever had.
Shutting the mill down next week going to firewood till it picks back up.

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

SawyerTed

I've been sawing 4 or 5 days a week since the first of August.
We took July off and have been making up for it since.

I'm approaching 20,000 board feet for the month.   Here are a few photos of cedar, walnut and quarter sawn oak. The dead stacks were properly stacked and stickered within a couple hours.  
br>

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

WDH

20,000 bf is a whack of stickering :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Drove home this evening, have tomorrow off, and will drive back to my "sand pit" job Sunday evening and be ready to saw Monday morning.  They were grubbing trees when I left this afternoon.

Funny thing happened this afternoon.  I previously told about the project managers for different buildings competing for timbers.  Well yesterday one needed six 4"X 8".  I bucked them yesterday evening and sawed them this morning.  Another project manager scooped them up early this afternoon so guess who probably was badly ticked off when he discovered "his" timbers gone.  He will probably have something to say Monday morning, but I only saw.  Whoever gets them is left up to them. 

I am just hoping that I can finish next week and get back to my normal 1-2 day jobs.  This "supposed to be part time job" is getting to be full time.  :-X  PatD plans to spend at least a couple of days with me next week which will be good.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

donbj

Make sure you don't end up in the cage with that big dude. Give him the timbers he wants! But  I'm sure he's a good guy at heart.
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

WDH

Squabbling like a bunch of crows over a dead possum in the road ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Actually the big cage guy is the one that got them.  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

alan gage

Quote from: Magicman on August 24, 2019, 07:58:14 AM
Actually the big cage guy is the one that got them.  :D
That's perfect. Keep him on your good side so you have a tag-team partner when the other guys come for you.
Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

CCCLLC

At least they aren't " hijacking" timbers and then returning a few days later to ask for a resaw size on them. Ugh!

SawyerTed

I'd rather fish in the rain but wound up sawing in the rain today.  Three hours this morning and two and a half this afternoon. We took a three hour break for the rain to move through.

We did just under 200 board feet an hour sawing pine 1x and 2x.  It was slightly slower this afternoon because the customer saved the pecker poles for last.  He also changed his tune mid-day from "a little wane is okay" to "edge all the boards square".

It was a good hourly job with six helpers around the mill!  I rarely had to touch a log, cant or board.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Magicman

I am back in the "sandbox" for another week.  The forecast is showing 50% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow so we will see how it goes.  There are certainly enough logs to keep me busy.

PatD is coming Tuesday and staying until Friday AM which is good.  smiley_love

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Magicman on August 25, 2019, 09:24:26 PMThe forecast is showing 50% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow
That will wash the sand off the logs ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

Yup and wet them so that the next layer will really stick.  My leaf blower is doing quite well.  ;D

Magicman

Storm front moving through so no sawing for me this morning and possibly today.  It looks good for the remainder of the week. 

Unless they grub more trees I will finish this sawing session this week.  I hope so because I have other sawing customers that are getting anxious. 

olcowhand

More Beech Live Edge Slabs with CSM. Maybe some candidates for River Style.......

Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on August 27, 2019, 07:50:36 AMStorm front moving through so no sawing for me this morning and possibly today.
The storm was a non-event and I was sawing by 8:00.  I finished everything that he had brought up so they will be grubbing trees in the morning.  He is now talking about sawing some trees/logs that are ~100 miles away.  Guess that I will find out this week.

Peter Drouin

A 100 miles closer to home? Or from your home?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

The property is about 100 miles closer to home but I do not know yet whether I will saw the logs there or if he will haul them here.  The lodging conditions are almost nonexistent there.  Maybe I will find out this week.

Southside

Quote from: Magicman on August 27, 2019, 08:52:12 PMThe lodging conditions are almost nonexistent there.

Tell him to "build it and you will come" :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WDH

Ianab

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Darrel

Ugly log but pretty wood. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Magicman

My cut list will be 4"X 6" today.  

But first the trackhoe will have to drag this one to the top of the hill.

Thank You Sponsors!