iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

about 32 degrees but real feel 19° F.  trees that were full of leaves last week are bare.  a light snow today and yesterday.  a not so gentle nudge from momma nature to get stuff done before winter.!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

Rain here for a couple days, suppose to be high winds to. Generator on standby. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

goose63

Woke up at 4 am it was 17 out side went to town and the standing water in the dich is getting hard cant walk on it yet but it wont be long befor we can :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

Goose, don't talk that way so soon. yikes_smiley fire_smiley

Nearly 60F here with rain.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Ice in the shallow ditches and puddles is thick enough to walk/shuffle on here. Pond is iced over but no walking on that for a while. Highest temp in the forecast is upper 30s and lows are in the teens and 20s so we maybe walking on the pond before long.

The good of the cold is the ground froze enough that guys can do some early morning harvesting and I'm sitting in the tractor plowing up frozen ground.

A-z farmer

70 degrees here in New York now but we are expecting up to 3 inches of rain and cold weather and lows in the 30s the next week .This is very warm for us for the end of October.
Zeke

thecfarm

Ayup,60° :o and rain. It's a warm rain too. A very light rain too. Halloween night.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

btulloh

Looks like all of us on the eastern seaboard have a very active front coming through. 78 right now. 34 tomorrow night. 
HM126

Old Greenhorn

Ayup, 60's tonight 31 tomorrow night. Looks like it's going to be my first cold start Saturday of season. Great timing. Milling work to do in any event. Gotta get 'em milled up before it really gets cold. The wind last night stripped so many leaves off trees that I couldn't tell what color my truck was this morning. Tonight's high winds should put another dent in them but still lots left. I guess summer is over.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

68F here this morning and some strong wind a blowing through. Mist like rain to. I don't see any cold coming here in the forecast to freeze ground, just frost and 40's and 50's. Rain again mid week of next.

thecfarm

SwampDonkey has a heat wave going through. :o
I only have 55°. Had rain and a very strong wind storm last night. Not much for wind now. Only without power for 2 hours this time. Lucky.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

22° and some light snow overnight. Been at least a month since the last time we saw 60°.

Bricklayer51

Everything is white here

Stephen1

white here this morning, and the wind howled all night, so bad, at 1 point I was thinking is the roof coming off?
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

SwampDonkey

We was suppose to get the heavy rain last night, it's been raining harder here since daylight than it did all night. The drive way is a sheet of water and sloped. No washes though, packed screened 1-1/4" gravel so holding well. The wind is gone down to a breeze. But the temp has dropped to 55 now. Might drop to 26F tonight, but going to be in upper 40's tomorrow.

Chuck White

The rain and wind started around 5:00 last night and gradually picked up speed late in the night, then it all got stronger through the rest of the night, and the wind was still howling this morning!

Power went out, here about 7:30 AM came back on about 10:45, and the wind is very slowly decreasing now!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Began to clear, but the wind picked up some speed again, but not as bad. Some blue sky anyway. ;)

chevytaHOE5674

Ground is white outside now and the wind is howling. Makes for a long winter when it starts in Mid October

thecfarm

I am at 30°. Not that I like it,but that's how it should be.

Old Greenhorn

I am with you @thecfarm , I don't like it, but it is as it should be. Gonna have to start the stove soon. It's gonna be cold down at the mill this morning, but I gotta get logs milled up.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

chevytaHOE5674

~4" of snow on the ground and still coming down, but right at the freezing mark so it isn't accumulating a whole lot more.

SwampDonkey

Sunshine today and was 33 this morning and got to 50F or so. Had two partridge picking around all day on my work strip. It is heavy to beech and last week one fella said they found beech nuts in the crops of birds he shot. Been a few birds on that block. I think the neighbour bagged a deer down behind the house today. Been a few hunters down in there.

thecfarm

A fine day here. Sun off and on,high 40's now.

SwampDonkey

Same here. But the sun in under the hill by 6:00 pm now, not liking that as much. :D

Gearbox

Woke up to 19 degrees this morning . Light snow all day may have got up to 28 . Ponds and small lakes have frozen over . This is early for us we may be able to get the spear house out for opener on December 1 .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Thank You Sponsors!