iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lxskllr

Coolish and rain. The rain's about what's expected for spring, but I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't worried about a repeat of last year. Doing laundry's out this weekend. I'll have to get up early Monday so I can hang it outside, then collect it after work, and make the stupid grass shorter.

curdog

Already 80 this morning and a little more humid.. we are supposed to get some thunderstorms this afternoon,  so I need to get the grass finished up before the rain gets here.... off to find some sunscreen 

thecfarm

Wet and cloudy. If not wet,just cloudy. Not much for sun this year. When the sun does come out,I will be saying how dry it is.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

It was wet outside this morning when I got into the truck. Once I drove to the woodlot and got my gear on to cut wood the rain stopped. Later in the day the sun arrived and got to 62F.

Beautiful afternoon here, no wind and lots of sun.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lxskllr

Cloudy, and 70s with bits of drizzle. Same tomorrow with even more rain. The lawn won't be fun on Monday.

Old Greenhorn

I got up at 5 again this morning, couldn't breath from this spring head cold. The steady rain started at around 3am and continues to come down. The temp is 54 and the barometer started rising after 6am as the dew point dropped. Wind is calm to 2 mph out of the south. The radar indicates we will likely have rain all day, well at least until 4 or 5pm is my guess. The front seems stalled. The forecast is for at least another week of this with only a slight rise here and there of the cooler temps. It's very depressing weather. ( @nybhh you made the right choice this weekend, you didn't miss anything up here.)  Glad I finished up the firewood because the ground around the spliiter is slicker than greased glass and I was having a hard time keeping my feet under me. Next year, the splitter goes under a tarp before I begin the work, never got around to that this year.
 I guess I will sharpen my saw again and get the supplies ready to move down to the mill.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Chuck White

Today was/is probably the nicest day we've had in this area, it got up to 72° with bright sunlight. 

Between the temp and sun, my yard finally dried out enough and I went out and mowed it for the first time this year!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Dry as summer here. 74F today with sun, was 40F this morning. Was moving dirt around and picking rocks trying to get this yard into shape. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Yes Chuck,best day here for weeks. Or seems that way.  ;D  Sun and clouds,but the sun was out all day. Low 60's and no rain,all day too.
SwampDonkey,I was out picking rocks too. I found another pile. :D  Mine are going in the woods,truck road. Last time he was here the road took a beating. A layer of rocks 6 inches deep will cure that problem. The corner needs to be raised up some,so a foot deep will make it look better.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

tornado sirens and warning.  4 miles west of town so should pass to the north as they usually travel NE.  got a little hail.  wife and kids watching AGT singing in the basement level.  Due to the warning had to move pt.s from the er to safer area in hospital.  just another day in the Kansas Neighborhood.

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

sorry, it was American idol.  wife mad cause they keep breaking in with updates and blocking her favs.  temp dropped 10 degrees and now only raining, will usually get another bit of bad weather on the other side of the storm.  dad and son with flash light in pocket, and dogs nervous with lightning and occ. loud house shaking thunder.  should sleep good tonight.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

Another nice day. Two in a row!!!  :o   ;D I have turned off the heat to the house, First time this year. I just turn 2 valves. The heat will be back on tonight.

chevytaHOE5674

Only 41° today with a brisk north wind off the lake. Sun is out but it's cold and been out working in a winter jacket, hat and gloves all day.

thecfarm

That 40° is heading my way. Maybe Wed.

Old Greenhorn

W Hat an Evening! The day started out iffy, but I guess it got better. I was slammed at work and barely had time to look out the window, let alone east lunch. Gonna be like that for a few weeks, I think. I hate that. Rushing to overcome other folks sloppy work.
 Anyway, I got home and put my  play clothes on and went down to the mill, didn't even take a jacket. I got it uncovered from the winter, rolled a heacy maple log up there and started to apply some of the things I have learned reading here. Centering the pitch isn't easy on a manual band mill when you work alone. ;D Got it set as close as I can. The engine kicked over on the 3rd pull with the gas left from January, happy about that. Let it idle for a while after I ran the blade a bit. Then I had to close up and come up for dinner. Don't want to make the boss mad.
 I am just tickled to FINALLY have an evening that is 66° with clear skies and dry air! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
 I could go back after dinner, but the boss has chores I must do in the house.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

lxskllr

Started foggy and humid, but cleared as the day went on. Not terribly hot at 78°. Got the stupid grass shortened, and hit some vines with my machete. After my vine work on the farm, I have a name to put to the thing I called [CENSORED] vine. It's bittersweet. That stuff's insidious. It seems to blend in with whatever it's growing on, til one day you say "WTH did that come from?!". Knowing your enemy is the first step towards victory...

chevytaHOE5674

Clear skies this evening and the temp is dropping quick. Already below freezing and the suns only been down 45 minutes.

SwampDonkey

Been 48F the last two mornings and two 74 degree days in a row. Had the bedroom window up until midnight, nice fresh air to sleep by. :D

Old Greenhorn

More rain coming in this afternoon/evening which will make 12 days with measurable rain here. That run will be about #3 on the record list. It ill likely kill my work evening. The grass will need baling by the time i can cut it, the ground is still soaked. arrgggh! Last night was too good to be true. an hour after I made that last post, it rained again, then again at midnight.

chevytaHOE5674

26° early this morning. Supposed to hit 42° again today then cold again tonight. 

Bricklayer51

Looks like I will be burning ng until second week of june

SwampDonkey

I'm going to build a smudge here tonight, only 55F outside.

SwampDonkey

Transplants a growing

And the grey color of dryness and bright sun hitting the ground. :D

Tilled the garden!  :)

Jim_Rogers

The lady sitting next to me at lunch today said that it's going to rain tonight so that the mud doesn't dry up too soon.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Andries

Jim, really? 
Wet, sloppy mud drying out TOO fast is a thing with some people? 🤔
What's the thinking there?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!