iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen1

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on December 03, 2019, 06:27:57 AM
Quote from: doc henderson on December 01, 2019, 08:29:31 AM
@Old Greenhorn you've been working hard.  chewing 2 to 4 tums for leg cramps in the middle of the night will usually stop them within a few minutes.  the calcium relaxes the muscle.
BTW @doc henderson this was super advice! I take a couple before I go to bed and have had no issues in two days! It works like a miracle. Thank you!
I do one better,I take magnesium/calcium in the morning, stops the leg cramps. The best of all my dehydration is at a minimum now, I used to urinate so much, I thought I had prostate problems.  I now urinate less, no cramp and the magnesium/calcium allows my body to process all the water I was drinking. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Stephen1

Whoops, forgot to post my weather, I was side tracked by the cramping post.
A beautiful snowfall overnight and some sunshine this morning.
-4C  or 26F A beautifull day. The lake is frozen over and the otters are in the bay playng where the river comes in, as its not quite frozen over yet. 
Taking the day off to enjoy!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

SwampDonkey

Partly sunny today, in the upper 20's A little bit of a NW breeze. Nothing to stop me from my 4 mile walk. Road is pretty much bare to pavement. Expecting rain on Monday and 40's. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Today is the coldest we've had so far, at 6:00AM we had -2°F

We still have about 6" of snow here!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

12F here this morning and frost on the bushes. Dead calm and bright sunshine. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ed_K

2° this morning an the 17" of snow has sunk to 12". I had a hard time walking the maple orchard to pick up some of the plastic lines that got baried. This rain coming is going to turn what's left to an ice nightmare.
Ed K

thecfarm

Just coming back from the dump. I have 24° and frost on the bushes down by the brook.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

planning on a high of 54 today. so lots of things to finish up.  high tomorrow of low 30s.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

12° here this morning, calm wind, bright sunshine. It amazes me over the past year that @SwampDonkey and I have had identical weather conditions or more than a few days, it seems to happen quite often, especially in winter. We still have about 10" of snow pack and might be getting some more mid-week.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

You might be in the same belt as I am,Old Greenhorn. MI weather is like what I have. Takes a day or two to get here,but what MI gets,I usually do.
I notice that with SwampDonkey too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

We always blamed it on the Ohio Valley up here. Jet stream dips down in there and shoots it up north. ;D :D

chevytaHOE5674

Cold and snow. 25+ inches on the ground and maybe another 2 foot on the way over the next 2 days. Shes winter for sure.

SwampDonkey

Mid 20's now and SW winds. Sun is fading.

A-z farmer

2 above zero here this am and our 26 inches of snow has settled to about 18 inches.i hope the snow melts because the ground has not frozen solid yet .

SwampDonkey

We could see up to 2" rain here starting after noon. And near 50 degrees during the rain.

Chuck White

Weather is running like a rollercoaster here now, this morning at 6:00 we had 40°F.

It's what we refer to as "cold weather", so many people start with the sniffles, then some get worse!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

chevytaHOE5674

Snow and more snow. Had to haul and load calves this morning headed to Iowa, and by the time we were done loading 2 semis there was 4" of fresh snow. Supposed to drop down into the single digits and snow for 2 more days.

SwampDonkey

Well, we certainly got the rain here and it did get near 50F, but I still see lots of snow. Although the driveway appears to be bare now of any ice. I think the wind as shifted now.

I've got to check the Christmas lights for water. The weather knocked out the outside plug in, which has a built in breaker switch. I know those LED's have a big plastic bulb that screws on over the light, and they get loose. So probably water in one of them. Once daylight comes, the search begins. :D

thecfarm

I have 45° now. I only had a few inches of snow. Last night the field was still white. I went out with my head lamp,looks pretty much bare now. Just making room for more snow. Suppose to get up to almost 50° today. That will melt the snow too. Not raining out now.
Don't take much wood to keep warm at 40. ;D

SwampDonkey

Yeah, definitely no wood fire here today. 8)

Chuck White

Wow, 48°F here at 6:00 this morning with winds, and winter storm advisory for tomorrow!

Old Greenhorn

I haven't walked around to check the snowpack yet, but ti is 41° as I type this. The temp has been on the rise since noon yesterday and should get over 50 today. Then it begins a long steady decline. Maybe a touch of snow overnight tonight, but I doubt it, then cool, then hitting 40 over the weekend. Time for more milling then.  :)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

goose63

30 below wind chill here. I wish those guys in Canada would close the gate
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

wisconsitom

We can get real cold here now in next two days.  Arctic gate open.  It doesn't bother me.  We will warm back into 20's and thirty's a few days later, then back down again, rinse and repeat.  Average temperature readings are thus derived from these normal swings.  

Snow didn't do much around here.  Couple inches maybe.  Much more to our north.  My tree farm area is well blanketed now.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

Stephen1

Rain all day yesterday,40F, a few inches of snow left on the ground. 26f this morning and the snow is coming in off Lake Huron and Georgin Bay with the cold front. We will see how much we get

Thank You Sponsors!