iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hi all, I'm new here - in WV

Started by mpbst27, May 08, 2019, 12:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpbst27

Hi all, I'm new to the forum.  I recently got my sawmill setup.  It is a woodland mills HM126 with the 14hp motor.  My wife and I have about 45 wooded acres on a mountain in WV to the west of Morgantown.  I've recently completed setup and have a few logs under my belt.  Planning on running the mill mostly as support for woodworking projects and to supply friends with lumber.  I'm skidding with my Kubota B2601.  I've been thinking of setting up a small vacuum dryer if I can find a reasonably large piece of pipe to build it out of.  Also thinking of setting up a gantry crane in the barn to help loading logs (I could use some advice on that).  Anyway, I just wanted to say HI, and thanks for letting me join.  I've already found tons of advice on my mill purchase here, and ended up buying from the wonderful woodland-hosers up north!  So far very happy with the new saw, and am having a ton of fun milling now!  

Roxie

Say when

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, mpbst27!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

lxskllr

WV Sawmiller

on a mountain in WV - I find this to be a redundant and unnecessary description. All you had to say was WV and you covered that part. :D

Welcome and if you get down to the southern part of the state you are welcome to swing by. We are located about 10-12 miles equi-distant between I-64 and I-77 from where they split in Beckley. We are about 25 miles from Beckley and 30 miles from Princeton. Our daughter went to school up at WVU and our son at Glenville off hwy 19 near Weston.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!