iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lost my Mom yesterday

Started by olcowhand, May 30, 2019, 07:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

Praying for you and your family.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

olcowhand

FF Family,
Thanks so much for the Kind thoughts, words and Prayers (very powerful stuff...) in response to my post. Funeral is Monday, and I'm looking forward to sharing memories with many people that I probably haven't seen in a while; This includes family...
I have to pass along something that happened this week that made me really dwell on what a blessing Mothers are.
One of my oldest (and my best) friends texted me back after I told him of my mom's passing. We have the kind of relationship that pretty much allows for any kind of communication, so he took my text as if I was standing there telling him about it. He said in his text, after calling me the brother that we are- how sorry he is to hear about it, and to let him know if there's anything he can do;
and then he said: "I know what it's like to lose your mom, and it hurts."
I was suddenly cast back to when he told me that his mom had died- standing there trying to be strong, with tears in his eyes. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't help him. We were new friends and I was (and still am) a couple years older. That was close to 50 years ago, and now I think I understand.......
God bless you all,
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

DPatton

OCH,

Sorry to hear of your loss. A parent always hold a special place in ones life. Especially when one lives most of a lifetime with the love, protection, discipline, teaching, and wisdom that has been pass along.
 Sadly you will never be able to replace your mother, but I hope you are able to find great comfort and joy that you were able to spend such a good portion of time with her. Hang in there brother and take a moment every day to remember something special about her or something you learned from her and pass it along every chance you get. 
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Thank You Sponsors!