iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Strawberry time again!

Started by Downstream, June 04, 2019, 09:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Downstream

Finally rain has stopped for a few days and strawberry patch is ready to pick for the season.  We have june bearing variety so crazy picking for about three weeks then its over til next year.  We freeze whole and ice cream topping mix so we have them all year.  Wife also will make jam to go along with grape jelly she will do in the late summer.   I usually pick every other day and pull about two gallons of berries each time.  Most we have pulled in a year was about 25 gallons.  This year will be on the low side due to a number of factors but just finishing the frozen wholes from last year so all is good.  Rest of garden is raised bed because only the strawberries and grapes like the clay soil we have.  Everything else in the boxes gets the special soil mix I make.  Just starting to pick lettuce, spinach, and onions.

EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

sawguy21

They are being harvested here as well, I need to get some this week to have with ice cream. My late wife got me eating yogurt of all things, the berries are really good with vanila.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!