Started by Peter Drouin, June 08, 2019, 12:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

More,

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Peter Drouin

Talking with some gear heads I and they find things on my hot rod that needs attention.
A big help to me. 
And I pass out A&P sawmill cards too.  ;D A lot of fun. Hard to focus on the mill around 3.30. Knowing I have to go some were after work. [ in the Hot Rod] 8) 8) ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

I like the Chevy 4x4 trucks
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

sawguy21

That 50's Chev truck looks good wth the later dash, that would have taken creative fab work. And the tripower flattie is just too cool. 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Peter Drouin

One I saw today 32 ford with 350 4 speed.

Something like I want to do with my shock and head light setup.
Look how clean the inside is,

I think a very nice job
Had an invite to an all open wheel/ rat rod car show in Newport Nh on 7/8/2019

A&P saw Mill LLC.

sawguy21

Sweet! My buddy is a hard core Ford guy, it drives him nuts to see a Ford with anything but Ford powering it.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: sawguy21 on July 01, 2019, 10:36:26 PM
Sweet! My buddy is a hard core Ford guy, it drives him nuts to see a Ford with anything but Ford powering it.

That's because GM is the fastest thing on the planet. Who has the most championships in NASCAR? 
smiley_biggrin01 
A&P saw Mill LLC.

sawguy21

:D GM had a nine year head start with the small block, by the time Ford came out with the 289 Chev had the 327 and was working on the 350. High performance parts were cheap and plentiful, they are still cheaper to build than a Ford.

Bruno of NH

The same goes for the new GM engines everyone does LS swaps now.
The aftermarket is full of parts for them.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

btulloh

LS motor and Ford 9" rear end unless you're trying to stay original.
HM126

GRANITEstateMP

So last night, I went to my buddy's shop to help out on his Modified to run at NHMS in a couple weeks.  They just got a fresh Roush-Yate's Spec motor to put in.  We were talkin' and workin', cause that's what your supposed to do on shop night!  Anyway's we start talking about the Spec motor.  They said it's a Chevy block, I did a double take, and asked if I heard them correct?  Yup, Chevy block, I'm like are you sure?  Yes, why?  Because the distributor is in the front!  So, I learned something new last night!
 I will try and find a better picture, but here it is from last year.

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

gspren

I thought Roush-Yates were all Fords, but then I'm often wrong, just ask my wife.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Ianab

Rousch-Yates actually manufacture their own engine, based loosely on the Ford design. 
And it has the distributor on the front. But it's neither a Ford or a GM block, it's an alloy block that Rousch manufacture themselves. 

https://roushyates.com/engines/roush-yates-engines-ry45/

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Bruno of NH

Robert Yates 
Made one heck of an engine back on the 28 havolin days

Peter Drouin

Pad for the lift going in. 28x24

Hot rod too close to the ground. ;D

Adjusted the rod so the 6 barrels come in sooner than later.

smiley_big-grin2

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

I have a knock in the bottom end on the 327. ::) ::)  :P ;).
I have to cut more wood to pay for this thing. I knew having 6 barrels come in at the same time might be hard on it.
But that's OK.  The joys of having a HOT ROD.  smiley_big_grin3
The lift pad is ready for concrete. Hope to have the lift in place at the end of the week.

Knote to self CUT SOME LUMBER I'm spending too much time with the overprice toy. 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

You gotta be kiddin. Did you see my post in the birds nest topic? Im hoping mine is all top end.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

GRANITEstateMP

Peter, depending on what you find or want to do with the hot rod motor, I could point you in a few directions.  Your best bet may be to visit Lowrey's and see if they have a spare race motor kickin around!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

Peter Drouin

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on July 07, 2019, 09:59:37 PM
Peter, depending on what you find or want to do with the hot rod motor, I could point you in a few directions.  Your best bet may be to visit Lowrey's and see if they have a spare race motor kickin around!

That guy won't give me the time of day. ::)  I don't have enuff $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to suit him.
I did find a new guy not too far away. Father and son. Fix everything and love Hot Rods. Other guys from the car shows gave me this PH #
I did look at it found a vacuum hose for the distributor was split some. It could not advance the timing like that. So maybe. I'm calling them tomorrow.
Jeff. I will find that post.  
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Stephen1

I like that decision that you made, Hot Rod versus the IDRY. Both need buildings but the Hot Rod is way more fun.
I'm looking for new toy now that the kiln is paying for it's self.
I'm thinking a convertable, Mustang or Camaro
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Peter Drouin

I might get the I Dry, The thing is. do I want to work 24-7
A&P saw Mill LLC.

GRANITEstateMP

Peter,

There is a guy in VT, RPM racing engines, Rick Paya.  He does a lot of motor stuff.  I'm pretty sure he was doing a bunch of hot rod crate type engines.  His stuff is always top notch. Pretty sure his web site has pics of the machine shop, it's way cleaner than my kitchen!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

Peter Drouin

Good news. With the air leak and the timing off some made it knock. Fixed it all and no knock.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Got concrete coming at 9,30 am 10 yards.  8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bruno of NH

Glad you got it fixed
Your going to like that lift.
Are you going to build a roof over it ?

Thank You Sponsors!