iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Laminated timber construction

Started by Raider Bill, August 20, 2019, 08:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Mike W

That is pretty cool, thanks for sharing

alan gage

QuoteWhen a project is started in CLT, everything is completely decided and predetermined at the factory, and it's not possible to make adjustments on site.

Well I guess that rules me out. I'll start framing up my new shop this week and I'm still not sure exactly how it will be done. I guess I'll find out after it's finished.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Don P

For more info check out awc.org and apawood.org, search on those sites under "mass timber" and "CLT". The real push right now is using them for large commercial projects. Harry Watt, NCSU wood extension has been experimenting with producing 4x8 panels on furniture plant presses for residential construction. Last update they had made 2 press attempts, the third should be happening about now. They are working through the glitches of prep, surfacing and gluing then will send samples down to TP Inspections lab for testing. With the prices of some woods in the dumps right now and the ability to incorporate underutilized species and grades in the core I'm looking forward to seeing this grow.

barbender

It would be great to see this grow! There are a lot of forests in the US that could use a market like this.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!