iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the weather 2020

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2020, 08:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Sunny and mid 60's here and no wind. :)

Taters, corn and onions went into the garden yesterday.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

A wonderful day here. Yesterday was nice too. Kinda windy.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

curdog

Getting pretty damp around here.  Been raining most of the day today and expecting around 6 inches through Friday.... guess it's going to be a paperwork kind of week    

SwampDonkey

Another great sunny day here, in the 60's and no wind. Going to be in the 70's for the next 3 days and sunny. A bit cooler on the weekend from a passing front Friday night but more sun on Saturday. 60's feels kinda on the warm side when wearing a canvas cruisers vest in that sun. Shirt is wet and needs changed for the drive home each day. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Another fine day here. Black flies are out. Full bore, wind open!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Got close to 70° yesterday so it has warmed UP finially. Hasn't rained in almost 2 weeks now and no rain in the forecast until maybe the weekend. Still waiting on grass to start growing. This will easily be the latest I've ever turned cattle out on pasture.

goose63

Clouds and windy looks like rain
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

Is definitely in the 70's today here, no wind, lots of sun to. Lawn mowing begins this weekend. No flies until this afternoon when walking across a black spruce bog, then the midgets appeared in clouds, but not too bothersome. Nothing at the house, but I bet by Saturday they will liven up. :D ;D

thecfarm

Them flies are just like rocks on my land. Lots of them.  :)

SwampDonkey

Sunny, 82F and NW wind. Hmm, them glaciers sure warmed up some this week. :D

Dry as the dust bowl, fire warnings in Maine and NB. The entire province has a total burn ban on. RH is 16% today.

Two fires out of control now in New Brunswick have 20 firefighters, 4 fire trucks and 3 air tankers fighting them. A power line in Chamcook and also Bunker Hill area.

http://www.gnb.ca/public/fire-feu/activitysum_e.pdf?random=1590097085117

A-z farmer

We are finally getting some heat here.
We are at 102 growing degree days today for the year but our 5 year average on this date is 260 ggd.
The farms around here start haying by May 20 for first cutting .First cutting is very short and yield is 30 percent of normal so far .

SwampDonkey

Starting out here this morning at 60F, going to be scorching dry with that dry NW wind. It's overcast and a cold front is suppose to roll in, but no rain expected off that. Looks to be dry for another 5 days. Sure never expected it to dry so fast with all the snow, but it hasn't rained since last Friday night.

Got some wood cut'n to do..........

SwampDonkey

Well at noon the temp was 66F and overcast, now it is 72F and sunny and the NW wind is still with us. Probably be cooler tomorrow. Cut some trail and any wood in the path was cut to firewood length. I think there is a solid cord there. Waiting on the wood buggy to be delivered in the next few days so I can gather it up. Will be back at it in the morning. ;)

Black flies have come to life. ;D

thecfarm

That cooler weather is heading my way. Might of got into the mid 80's today. I worked, so was outside a little, felt more than warm out too.   :)

thecfarm

Heats back on. 64° for a high. I was working outside Sunday. Company came and we was outside. I had to get a sweat shirt on while visiting. Keeps the flies away at these temps. Yesterday was kinda cool in the morning. Did warm up around 1pm.

51cub

58 now mostly cloudy. Going to about 85 and high humidity and light wind
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

Sure not cold here, 80's and evening thunderstorms for 3 days ahead. Lows here around 60F in the mornings. Was 72F yesterday for a high. On the weekend cleaned the flu and furnace to be ready for next fall. Changed the filter. Cleaned and put away the humidifier and now it is time for the dehumidifier. Gonna hook up the AC this week to. :D 

Ljohnsaw

Took out my 4x10 solar air heat box since it is going to be 103° for the next 3 days :-\  Because of the heat, also spent a while repairing drip lines that some squirrels or rats chewed and two valves that wouldn't turn on or off. 

Now I just need to get a replacement variable speed pump for my pool - a couple caps decided to flame out. $1,471 replacement.

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

85F and around 45% humidity today. Certainly a two outfit day, cloths ringing wet from perspiration. ;D :)

That AC is going in tomorrow so it can turn cold. ;) :D

thecfarm

Hot here too. I was at work, so that much worse. Lots of hot top and between 2 buildings.

SwampDonkey

At 4:00 pm the temperature read 89F before the rumble clouds came down from the mountain. The sky rumbled and snapped here from 5:00 until 10:00 pm last night. Sure changed that air though. And got a good drink to. Opened all the windows at 11:00 and seen stars and moon all night.  ;D

As the storm approached this guy high tailed it across the grain field onto the lawn and ran past the porch, the reason the image is blurry. Tries several photo attempts, all blurry from motion.

He's been around here all week crowing.

Walnut Beast

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 28, 2020, 03:37:26 AM
At 4:00 pm the temperature read 89F before the rumble clouds came down from the mountain. The sky rumbled and snapped here from 5:00 until 10:00 pm last night. Sure changed that air though. And got a good drink to. Opened all the windows at 11:00 and seen stars and moon all night.  ;D

As the storm approached this guy high tailed it across the grain field onto the lawn and ran past the porch, the reason the image is blurry. Tries several photo attempts, all blurry from motion.

He's been around here all week crowing.
That's pretty cool SwampDonkey! Enjoy all your pictures of everything and what your up to 👍👍👍

thecfarm

Nice picture.
Are them things native there? I don't think I have ever seen one around here.
64° here now and another hot day is on the way.

51cub

67 now and cloudy. Going to be low 80s and fair winds
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

Quote from: thecfarm on May 28, 2020, 05:57:07 AM
Nice picture.
Are them things native there? I don't think I have ever seen one around here.
64° here now and another hot day is on the way.
No, they are introduced from Europe. :)

Thank You Sponsors!