iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the weather 2020

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2020, 08:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I just got back from cutting some more firewood along the trail. The mosquitoes are in swarms, so I wore all the protective clothing I could get on. Tube scarf, mosquito netting over the top, screened goggles under netting, hard hat with cape on the back and long sleeve shirt. On the muggy side, but not hot yet. I was wet though, head to toe. Suppose to get a cool down tonight and showers, so hopefully will be good day tomorrow to do some gathering with the buggy.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Had a little rain, but no depth to it in the ground. Stuff is germinating though, carrots are all up, beans, basil. Other stuff that is a bit slower is beats, radish, Swiss chard, squash. Need a good soaker, not gonna get it.

A little update video on the wood gathering.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=17457.msg1736491#msg1736491

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

A nice overview video of your woods.
A cool day here. Helps out on the fly population. We could use some rain. Just hopes when it starts, it stops. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Hot and humid yesterday big storms last nite some had tornaders and 80 mph stright line winds more on the way for later today
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

btulloh

Dry here.  We've had a lot of "rainy" weather, but no real rain.  Maybe 1/2" in the last month.  There's been more rain just east and just west of us, but kind of a dry belt right here. Not much moisture in the ground because we didn't build up the ground water this winter.  Sort of good for the winter wheat, which is just finishing and almost ready to be combined, but not a good pattern in general.
HM126

Tacotodd

Raining pretty good at the moment. We'll see just how long it lasts. We've had enough to almost, in my mind, be in a flood stage. And I've lived in central AR all of my life!
Trying harder everyday.

chevytaHOE5674

Cool over the weekend with temps only making it to 49° with some storms yesterday. Today we hit a record 96° first over 90° day since back in 2018 according to the radio. Supposed to be warm again tomorrow before the remnants of the hurricane pass thru and bring 3-5 inches of rain and 50° temps.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

66 here this morning, perfect day yesterday and I had the door open last night until I went to bed. Having that screen and watching the cats watch the chipmunks and bugs and birds is a lot more entertaining than network TV. :D
 Mid 80's today and I think I am skidding logs from trees the neighbor is having an arborist friend take down today.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

48F this morning and in the 70's this afternoon with south wind kicking up. Showers tomorrow.

JV

Fast moving thunderstorms went through here earlier dumping rain in sheets.  A town less than 20 miles south reported 80 mph wind gusts.  Another town reported 76 mph.  Still really windy here.  I haven't checked for downed trees and limbs yet.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

thecfarm

You don't want to be standing around in a t shirt out side. Sure does keeps the fly population down.
Heat is on.  :o

chevytaHOE5674

The tropical storm rolled thru last night dumping around 3" of rain in short order. Some minor flooding around and some roads washed out, including a dead end one leading to one of my farms. So had to do some walking to get to the cows this morning while the road crew had the culverts ripped out.

Temps in the 40s and 50s so not real summery.

SwampDonkey

Cold south wind here, 50F. No water yet!!

thecfarm

A light rain is going on right now!! We need it. No idea when it started. Maybe a shower later? 

Old Greenhorn

It started here around 1am and we have had 1/4" so far (of rain). Temp is 70. I will have to put off my log gathering for a few hours, but that works out because I forgot that I promised the wife I would go help with the monthly food shopping. (And I am a bit sore this morning from yesterday. ;D)
 The rain, I hope, will reduce by mid-day. It a fairly well organized system Cfarm, so I suppose you will see it when it gets to you in a few hours.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

A-z farmer

It is raining here this am which we desperately needed.We are at 430 growing degree days and our 5 year average is 530 growing degree days by now.We have had 12.5 inches of rain this year so far but our average is usually 20 inches by now .The good side is that all the spring crops are planted just waiting for heat and moisture.

SwampDonkey

From what I have seen this morning so far out over the hills is a fog or so fine of a mist it is dried up before reaching ground.

Chuck White

Between 3:00 & 5:00 this morning we got a lot of rain and wind, the rain has stopped, but the wind is still going pretty good!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Well, it just started to rain here. Coming down pretty good. Suppose to get thunderstorms to.

[edit] Didn't amount to anything.

Jim_Rogers

Have some rain, and heard some thunder. around here right now.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

No big amount of water came down. Don't need 4 inches all at once but more than 1/8 would help too.

thecfarm

Another 46° morning. Not supposed to get to 70 today.

chevytaHOE5674

28° and frosty this morning again just like yesterday. Never made it out of the 40s yesterday but supposed to hit the 50s today.

SwampDonkey

Was nice cool morning for gathering firewood. Next week is going to be summer again getting near ninety by mid week.

Thank You Sponsors!