iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

weight loss contest/support

Started by doc henderson, January 26, 2020, 10:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stanwelch

Chop more wood!!  You're doing great  8)
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

so you are both in the 40s and the 50s.   :)  great job.  I am off night for a while and have taken a few days to get back on a day schedule.  My wife had me binge watching a show she likes until last pm.  should be back on track.  off work for shifts until 23rd, but for meetings and back up.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

stanwelch

Week 6. 246.2   15.2#.  Working towards the 30's  :)
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Jeff

Most excellant! Git afterit Stan! I'm closing in! 254.6 this morning!

Last night's supper.

doc henderson

wings take more energy to eat, than they contain!    :D :D :D  looks delish!  how many calories?
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

stanwelch

Wow Jeff!  At this rate you'll catch me by May 1st running-doggy running-doggy

Jeff

Breakfast! 238 calories.
253.6 this morning. A little ways to my next decade yet but only a lb away from 55lbs lost.

Nuked egg 72
Whole grain thomas muffin 100
Ham 60
jalapenos 2
Mushrooms 2
mustard 2 

Sedgehammer

Great job Jeff!

What was the final straw that made everyone that's having success in winning the weight battle possible? I do the intermittent fasting (not eating breakfast until after 16 hours from supper, save weekends). Then I use a kids plate when i do eat. I know they say diet drinks actually increases your weight, but I've found that I don't feel nearly as hungry if I drink a couple of 16 oz diet pepsi in the mornings. Plus the caffeine in the morning makes feel a little more lively. I'm steady right now around 150-152 lbs. About 30 lbs lost. 
Necessity is the engine of drive

randy d

Well I am hanging right in the 171 to 170 range don't think I will lose much more I feel good and have always look good  so I guess this is where I will stay I hope . Its inspiring to see all the great success every one is having. Randy

stanwelch

7 weeks 17#.  244.4. If the glaciation would subside, we could get to sawing and burn more calories!!  1 to 3" of snow predicted today >:(

Jeff

Luckily we only been getting brief lake effect bands and the snow has been melting off each time.

I got on the scales this morning and weighed in at 250.1. Im on the verge of reaching 3 short term goals on my list. Did I tell you Tammy made me come in the last warm day and change my shirt? She said it looked like I was wearing a dress. I told her I needed to change it anyhow because I kept peeing on my shirt tail. :)   she was thrilled. lol

stanwelch

LOL. You have to adjust your aim - just sayin'

Busy Beaver Lumber

Is it too late for me to get in on this challenge. I did have a gastric sleeve almost 1 3/4 years ago. Lost just over 100 pounds and kept it off, but hit a plateau at 252 and would like to drop another 50 pounds.
Best part is i got off 5 shots a day of insulin, and off bp meds as well. Saved myself close to $2000 a month just on meds alone.

Mrs. Beaver had sleeve to and kicked my butt. She went from 319 pounds to 115 and looks awesome.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

doc henderson

Welcome BBL.  health is a lifelong challenge.  sounds like you have made strides.  they had a contest at my work and got this idea started, but we are mostly sharing ideas, recipes and success with each other.  please join!

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thank you Doc, certainly will join in. 

Bu the way, Jeff you look fantastic.

My first recipe to share:
One of my favorite things to cook and eat ( which i never would have eaten before my surgery for reasons i dont know) comes from a support meeting we attended as part of our bariatric surgery. Spaghetti squash cooked in a instapot. Simple as anything. Put one cup water in the instapot, puncture skin of squash randomly about 10 times. Set timer to cook 15 minutes. Cut in half and remove seeds and use for to scape out the spaghetti squash. The squash itself is like spaghetti in texture and is only 50 calories for an entire cup full. I use low calorie alfredo sauce, some cooked turkey chop meat and some grating cheese to give it an awesome flavor. Comes in at about 150 calories a serving even with all that added and is very filling. One medium size squash will give you about 8 to 10 servings that can also be frozen. A real cheap meal to at like $1.29 a pound for the squash
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

stanwelch

Welcome BBL. The more the merrier  :)  We met at the pig roast 3-4 years ago. Thanks for the recipe 

Busy Beaver Lumber

Yes Stan, I remember you. Thank you for the warm welcome.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Jeff

I could have been in the 240s today had i chose to walk around with out pants! 

Jeff

Today's astute observation.
It's so much nicer having your pants fall down because they are to big, rather than because they are to small!

doc henderson

I choose to see neither or nither witch ever you prefer!!!  even the conjured visual... oh well .  keep up the great work! :)

stanwelch

Pants on the ground 
Pants on the ground
Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground 

Just sayin' - maybe ya need some red suspenders !!

Jeff

Jeff

277- 30 lbs lost
271- we have a 1971 mustang!
269- A new decade the 60s!
267- 40 lbs lost!
261.4- Stanwelch day!
261 I was born in 61
259 HAPPY DAYS DECADE!
257 50 lbs lost!

249 A new decade! Now in an era that @doc henderson will not see unless he goes the wrong way

249!  And I got to keep my pants on!
Hooefully this week ill hit at leat one more or maybe two milestone goals I picked. 60 lbs list is only two lbs. away.

So im chasing you @stanwelch !

Thank You Sponsors!