iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

weight loss contest/support

Started by doc henderson, January 26, 2020, 10:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Looks good Jeff
I'm down 5 lbs more and the inches are falling off fast.
I'm eating way less and staying full.
I'm drinking almond mill and a protein shake in the morning.
Feeling great.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

doc henderson

that looks good @Jeff . the Chiefs won!  I ended up working again instead of super bowl partying. We will have to try that with our Vegghetti.   :) I slept until 18:30 and when I got up again my weight was back down to 186, so average is still good. Keep it up @Bruno of NH   I hope this begins to impact some of your other ailments.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

A-z farmer

@doc
I am in 
I am 6'5 and 260 lbs and i started gaining after a spreader tire tried taking my arm off in 2004.but the doc at Albany med were able to put it back together.
Being a dairy farmer milk and dairy products have been a challenge to ween off of .I also make beer and hard cider so that is the next challenge for me .
The doc told me last week that I need a knee replacement.My dad has both of his replaced for the first time when he was 74 and he is on his second set now at 92 .

doc henderson

@A-z farmer it is a small world.  no I did not almost have my arm taken off, but I was at Albany Medical Center from 1990 to 1994 getting my internal medicine and pediatric dual specialty.  who was the surgeon?  if you recall.  how is the arm?  Your weight for your ht. does not look too bad, but you know if it makes it hard to breath when you bend over to tie your shoes.  I loved that part of the country and still have great friends and some family in that area.  I used to go sailing on lake George in the summer when I was off work, and had a GF in Kingsbury.  good time..  thanks for jumping in.  let me know if there is anything I can offer that may help you with your goals.  lots of people here that have achieved their goals and offer good ideas.  and @Jeff  is trying out lots of good low carb/calorie ideas.  Best regards!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

for everyone who would like to spend more and work less.  that works great with weight loss and good health.  not so much with the finances.  if you can eat less calories and or spend more with activity, that is great.  I thought it was dumb to spend money on a gym, that I earned at my job with little activity, so I could exercise to burn of the extra calories I ate.  I like to run the mill and split and buck firewood instead.  If you did that 8 hours a day, you might have trouble eating enough calories.  that was how I grew up, and always walked away from the table more than full.  Since I have a family predisposition to metabolic syndrome, I am doing low carb.  I would like to supplement my activity with either calisthenics or light weight lifting that can be done inside.  remember Jack LeLanne? sp. taz-smiley smiley_bouncing_pinky

Jack LaLanne - Wikipedia

A-z farmer

@doc
It was doctor John Czajka
He grew up just south of us and his dad was a farmer.When he had me on the table I told him that he and his brother were not smart enough to be a farmer so one of them became a surgeon and the other a lawyer .In hindsight I did not think it through ,and I could not run from my remark .And two years ago I got to have his son Doctor Cory Czajka fix my Same arm after falling backwards on snow covered ice .Two great surgeons putting the pieces back together one person at a time .
Zeke

randy d

So I heard on sporting chef this week end from C DUB that you can grind up fried pig skins in the blender and use them like panko bread crumbs sounded like a good way to have a 0 carb breading. Have any of you tried this?  Randy

doc henderson

I have not, but I am sure @Jeff   will be having it for supper now! :D neat idea for those that like breading.  do you use real fresh pig skin, of the pig skins fried and in the bag?  @randy d   Looks like the fried in the bag, so it can be already spiced!

randy d

We used the ones in the bag. We will try it tonight with salmon patties. Randy

Old Greenhorn

I don't know what's going on here but..... I read this thread everyday and enjoying everyone's progress and suggestions. My weight is always 183 give or take 1 pound. I check it every day or two on a scale we have at work. It's always the same. Last Thursday I dropped to 180 for the first time in over a year. Today I checked it and I am now 179. 
 I know this forum has had a big influence on me in the past 2 years, but this seems a little bit much. How did you guys do that?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

EOTE

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on February 03, 2020, 06:26:57 PM
I don't know what's going on here but..... I read this thread everyday and enjoying everyone's progress and suggestions. My weight is always 183 give or take 1 pound. I check it every day or two on a scale we have at work. It's always the same. Last Thursday I dropped to 180 for the first time in over a year. Today I checked it and I am now 179.
I know this forum has had a big influence on me in the past 2 years, but this seems a little bit much. How did you guys do that?
You're losing weight reading this thread because it is low carb!  :D :D :D
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

Old Greenhorn

Yeah, I kind of figured it was some kind of FF mojo that Jeff cooked up years ago. Pretty spooky though. :o
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

randy d

I have to report back that last night we had salmon patties made with deep fried pig skins instead of bread crumbs and they were very good and we will be using them again 8)  Randy

Jeff

I revisited the zoodle vegetti by adding armour meatballs. 6 each the dishes were still only a total of around 425 calories.and it's really good!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

we had bun less cheeseburgers made in my wife's ninja grill.  sorry no pics, very good.  that looks really good @Jeff 

ESFted

Here are some recipes I found helpful doing keto. Whenever I get the craving for mashed potatoes I steam up some cauliflower and make this tasty substitute.  For those of you who enjoy waffles for breakfast, give chaffles a try. We like the cinnamon ones with some sugar free maple syrup, but the plain ones also make good burger buns. No affiliation with these recipe sites.  Just say no to all the requests and go straight to the recipes. 

Also, if you get the craving for pizza.  Check out fathead pizza.  It actually tastes pretty darn good.
S.U.N.Y. College of Environmental Science and Forestry '65
Stihl MS661CRM, Stihl MS460,  Stihl MSE 220, Solo 64S, Granberg Alaskan MK-IV CSM
Dreams of a Wm LT70 w/all the accessories

Sedgehammer

I'm down 26 lbs. I don't eat breakfast any longer. I put 16 hours in-between supper and 'breakfast'. At 2ish i eat a half bowl of honey o's with blue berries. Then about 5 I have a small snack. Usually great value brand kettle cooked Burnin' Hot chips. Then for supper (usually at about 8 pm) I grab a small plate (kid's size sq plate) and usually only eat half a plate or if soup/stew, then half a bowl. The bowls are square bowls, not small, but not huge either. I'm also on 600 mg of Lyrica, which usually causes people to gain weight. I was up to 189 lbs. Now down to 163 lbs. Headed to 150 lbs hopefully. I'm 5' 8". Graduated @ 145 lbs 35 years ago.

Saturdays I do eat breakfast, as we usually eat a big family style breakfast. I also splurge on Saturday night usually and have a root beer float, but then skip supper entirely. I usually eat a bowl of popcorn twice a week for supper also. It's one of those microwave poppers with the special concentrator in the popper. 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and some butter buds for flavoring. 

At first it was kinda hard, but after the first few days it's easy now. I do feel a little hungry some mornings, but not always and I just ignore it. I do though drink Zevia Cherry cola with caffeine as a pick me up in the mornings, Usually 2 cans. Don't like coffee.

anywho, you can all do it also. Just have to go with smaller serving sizes. Don't eat for a 16 hour spread.

Necessity is the engine of drive

doc henderson

@Sedgehammer you have lofty goals.  not sure of your frame type.  150 sounds low and it is usually hard to get back to high school grad weight.  if you keep loosing and start not feeling as good, that may be a clue.  you can have a dietitian measure your % body fat using a triceps caliper. 3% is Olympic athlete range.  i am currently at 19% 5'8" and 59 years old. 190# to start.  down about 4# now.

Sedgehammer

Still have some handles and a lil'bit of a tummy. Will try to lose both. So far feel great in those terms, but my other underlying health issues still plague me. 7 weeks in so far. 
Necessity is the engine of drive

doc henderson

Bruno of NH

Im still doing great
Down lots of inches feeling great.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jeff

Great! 

Ive not quite dropped a pant size, but that was because the ones Ive been wearing was like putting a marshmallow in a piggy bank. They fit loose now. I have dropped two belt notches.

doc henderson

great job gents!  I am lucky to still be at 186 with all the visitors and disruptions we have had.  we picked up a spaghettis squash to try with sauce and sausage.  going to have brats with sauerkraut this eve. and stuff for salad without lettuce.  avocado, tomato and cucumber.

Jeff

Are you eating your visitors? ;) :D

doc henderson

no but it makes it a little easier to cheat and eat carbs.  most of our friends are low carb now that you mention it! :D.  my wife can be sweet, but not all the time! ;)  :o  :D

Thank You Sponsors!