iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

weight loss contest/support

Started by doc henderson, January 26, 2020, 10:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Can't wait for that man, because people seem to be giving me sideways glance when I say "groovy"
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

It is prob. the size extra large wavy squiggly psychedelic shirts you have pulled from the back of the closet!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Sedgehammer

Looking at that shirt makes me almost fallover....... :o seriously. 

I'm down to 152 lbs.
Necessity is the engine of drive

randy d

Well I am not losing much but not gaining either so that is good. still wear a size 36 waist but they will fall right off if I don't have my belt cinched down 34 is just a little tight. (Man ) great that every one is having success. Randy

thecfarm

My FIL would say about that shirt, That makes my eyes go crazy.  :D 

You are all doing great with the weight loss.  8)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

regular thin striped shirts do that to me too.  ... ... Man! :)

Jeff

271- we have a 1971 mustang! (36lbs)  8)

I can get into the 60s this morning if I do it nekid. That should be legit for the 60s?:D  I'm not counting it yet.

Old Greenhorn

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

EOTE

Quote from: Jeff on March 16, 2020, 05:53:44 AMI can get into the 60s this morning if I do it nekid.

I am hoping no one sees you on that weigh in - it might be hard to unsee.  :D

Keep it up! You are doing great!
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

Jeff

I don't even look! It has gotten easier to read the scales the last couple weeks.

doc henderson

very impressive.  yes I am seeing improvement in my Dunlops disease as well.  I had developed it back in my 40s.  

Sedgehammer

151 this am. My drop has slowed, but still dropping.
Necessity is the engine of drive

EOTE

Quote from: doc henderson on March 16, 2020, 11:11:03 AM
very impressive.  yes I am seeing improvement in my Dunlops disease as well.  I had developed it back in my 40s.  
wait until you have all your blood tests - lower bp, lower cholesterol, lower blood sugar, you'll think you are in your 40's.  ;D  Now if only it would make aches and pains go away.
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!

doc henderson

I am hovering, lots of meetings, and now I am on 5 night is a row, and that always throws off my weighing schedule.  still making progress!

randy d

I have got to say thanks to those who post on this thread. Every time I start in thinking I should treat my self to triple chocolate bismark you all chime in with how much you are losing and I snap back to thinking only 2more pounds I have to keep that thought. thanks  Randy

EOTE

Quote from: randy d on March 17, 2020, 06:33:51 PM
I have got to say thanks to those who post on this thread. Every time I start in thinking I should treat my self to triple chocolate bismark you all chime in with how much you are losing and I snap back to thinking only 2more pounds I have to keep that thought. thanks  Randy
Randy, it's really easy to enjoy all the good things in life, even the ones that slowly kill us.  Stay the course and you will succeed.  I changed course 4 years ago and my body thanks me for it.  I just had my annual physical - all blood tests are better than they were 40 years ago.  Yes, some days I would kill for a potato chip or donut, but my health matters more.  Yours does too.  Keep the faith as we are rooting for you.

doc henderson

@Bruno of NH and @Jeff  are making life changing strides.  very inspirational.  keeping me going although at a slower pace. 8)

Jeff

269- A new decade. Back to the 60s!  Far less gravitational pull than a couple months ago!

EOTE

Quote from: Jeff on March 18, 2020, 09:07:47 AM
269- A new decade. Back to the 60s!  Far less gravitational pull than a couple months ago!
You probably don't want to go out in a strong wind...you might get blown away.  ;D  Keep it up Jeff, you are doing great.

Jeff

Tammy took a short video yesterday of sawyer messing with me as I was trying to blow some leaves. Holy crap my cloths were baggy!

Magicman

Dem hills ain't nearly as steep as they once were.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

You guys are an inspiration. I've been following along ever since I noticed my pants were shrinking and my belt somehow got a bit shorter. A friend suggested skipping the sugar. I did and shed 15 pounds rather quickly.  Now, y'all don't do like I did. Reasoned that a donut with my coffee and 1 bowl of ice cream daily wouldn't hurt.  WRONG I'm right back where I started 200+..As of now, there's no donuts or ice cream in the house and I can't go to town to get more..
BTW well meaning neighbors who keep bringing cake, pie, cookies etc to their elderly neighbors don't help..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

doc henderson

my salad before work with shrimp cocktail.  black olives, tomatoes, and avocado, lettuce with Asian dressing

randy d

Doc I wish you were closer I would bring you a nice fried venison steak with onions that would help keep up your energy for those 12 hour shifts.

Thank You Sponsors!