iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

weight loss contest/support

Started by doc henderson, January 26, 2020, 10:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Walnut Beast

nativewolf

Quote from: hacknchop on June 28, 2020, 05:37:29 PM
Everyone seems to be doing good and thats great , I've been losing some weight don't know how much I've lost we don't have a scale and since the pandemic Dr's are not doing office visits but pants are loose and Im comfortable in 40"pants again but what I'm excited about is the fact that my 3month sugar average is below 7 which in Canada is what the Doctors target I don't know how that compares to the U.S. scale but I have had diabetes since 1998 and that's the first time it has been good.
Awesome.  That's great progress, congrats
Liking Walnut

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Walnut Beast

Lean and mean! Ready to tackle anything that comes your way

doc henderson

even your feet look skinny!!!   8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

EOTE

Jeff, that is a personal milestone you can really be proud of!  Congratulations!
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

hacknchop

Often wrong never indoubt

stanwelch

Kudos to Jeff for the century of weight lost!!  I knew you could do it 8)

At week 19 I have made another decade— 40# lost. 221.4# this morning 

Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Walnut Beast

Jeff

Thats great Stan! That's a great picture. I bet that slab doesn't weight 40lbs. Imagine carrying that around all day. I try and think about 100, (102 now) and it doesn't compute. I don;t know how I functioned from day to day. Many times I didn't.

Magicman

The old saying; "you ain't half the man you once were" comes to mind, but I really feel that; "you are twice the man that you once were".  I am proud for both of you.  thumbs-up
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

EOTE

Quote from: stanwelch on July 09, 2020, 05:38:30 AM
Kudos to Jeff for the century of weight lost!!  I knew you could do it 8)

At week 19 I have made another decade— 40# lost. 221.4# this morning  

Congratulations Stan!  Your health will thank you for it.
BTW, that is the cleanest sawmill house I have seen!  Did you photoshop that or did you have a cleaning lady come in?
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

doc henderson

looking great Stan!  I am fluxing around 177.  I am worried Jeff might catch me! :)

rjwoelk

Jeff just wondering if the weight loss has had any bearing on your sleep issues?
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Jeff

I still have them. Losing the weight had little bearing on the sleep.

WDH

I am proud of you Stan.  Next winter when you come to work at my sawmill I will not be able to see you if you turn sideways.

BTW, those 9/4 maple slabs that we cut are in the kiln. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ljohnsaw

I continue to exercise both physically (cutting logs) and portion control (less food) at least 3 days a week while working on my cabin.  Came back yesterday down to 185# (water loss) and was only at 188# this morning.  I think I'll keep going to at least 185 but I can see 180 from this point in the tunnel.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

doc henderson

It seems to be a lot easier to go up as we get older, than down.  even if we just keep trying, and all we accomplish is maintaining at a good wt., that is ok.  with a lot of hard work, I agree, it can be dehydration vs building muscle mass (wt. fluctuation).  if you work your muscles hard, it will break down, and the myoglobin and protein can be hard on the kidneys so try to hydrate as you go.  if you feel trimer and muscles more toned, may be staying the same wt. but still in better shape.

stanwelch

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.  :)

Danny, I hope you had help moving those maple slabs. Those babies were heavy!  Next winter (Lord willin' and the creek don't rise) I think I could come just to have some more shrimp tacos. They were the best I've had!
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

WDH

It is a deal.  Slabs are in the kiln still on the pallet.  I have not handled them yet, that comes in a few days with the planing.  I will post you a pic.  Now you got me craving shrimp tacos :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: doc henderson on July 10, 2020, 10:20:51 AMso try to hydrate as you go
I drink between 3 an 5 liters a day while working up there (5,874' elevation).  I have a 2 and a 3 liter bottle in a cooler that I hit pretty hard between logs.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

Did someone say SHRIMP TACOS?

Jeff

I must be melting, although we finally had a day out of the 90's and some rain yesterday. I continue to eat until I am satisfied. I do not go hungry ever. All through this change I have never once been hungrier longer than it took to go eat something and I am still losing weight.  My energy has never been higher. This morning I weigh 204.5.  I may have to start wearing my shirt tucked in since the dunlop disease is completely gone.*

*Dunlop Disease- Condition where your belly Done lops over the side of your belt.

Walnut Beast

Heck just take the shirt off! You earned it 👍

Thank You Sponsors!