iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer's Field Service

Started by Magicman, February 15, 2020, 02:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I just had Bob to do my Wood-Mizer Field Sawmill Service this morning.  My last service visit was 02-24-2016, so it had been 4 years and the total cost including parts was $689.  This figures out to ~$172 per year which to me is a bargain.  

Without fail, Bob always finds something or does something that I would have never known about which makes this a very valuable service that Wood-Mizer provides to their sawmill owners.  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

47sawdust

How did my leaf blower end up there?
Bob is great.I thought he got out of field service and stayed put in Indy.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Jeff

Id like to have this done but afraid of generating a bill I cant afford
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

He was out and did not do mine in 2016.  I was very pleased to see him back on the road, but I did not ask why.  

@47sawdust , Send me your name, address, place of birth, mother's maiden name, and SS number and I will return the blower.  ;D

I understand Jeff, because sometimes my sawmill gets "rode hard and put up wet" when I am on the road.  It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when he finishes.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

PAmizerman

👍
I don't think woodmizer does a service loop in my area. I'll have to talk to Marty.
I will probably just have him come do a look over and service on it. Or take it to his shop when I move it to my new site.
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

alanh

I need to check with them and see if they come around here, I'm pretty darn sure there's things I'm missing 

Jeff

Won't work for me this year. The Michigan loop is sept-oct. I've potentially got some serious personal sawing to do this spring.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

I think Josh has done mine 2 times. Last time the bearing in my idler wheel went out the day before. He had spares and went ahead and replaced both. Cost me $10 each - I couldn't have driven to town and back and bought them for that , let alone installed. Its a great service they offer IMHO.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!