iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with bypass bucket id

Started by Cub, February 13, 2020, 10:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cub

Hey guys. Does anybody have any ideas what brand bypass grapple this could be? At first thought it was a supergrip but I don't think so. I'm thinking maybe cranab? Any thought and help would be greatly appreciated.

Gary_C

I'm pretty sure it's a Cranab that's been well used and abused. Those added side plates pieces are needed if you are not an expert welder. Plus the jaws will break if you slide them under frozen down logs and use the grapple as a pry bar to break them loose.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

barbender

I'm only familiar with Hultdins Supergrip and Gripen brand grapples. They are both constructed with the jaws mounted inside the frame, not outside like this one. Cranab does build that style, but there are several other small manufacturers that build that style too. 
Too many irons in the fire

barbender

I'd also guess the pins and bushings are pretty shot judging by the jaw timing (one is completely closed and the other is hanging open quite a ways.
Too many irons in the fire

Cub

I think your correct Gary. I was thinking older cranab myself. Yes it's been used and abused. It came as a package deal when I bought my supergrip. It is my spare. Had to dig it out of the snow. Broke the end off the cylinder on my supergrip. This needed lots of welding and it's been welded on many times before. Barbender the pins and bushings are actually pretty good shape. Little bit of wear in the cylinder bushings and the linkage arm. Arm bushings are good yet. I think it is missing an inch or 2 off the 1 arm. Who knows what past people have done to it. It just needs to work for a week or 2 while I repair my supergrip. Thanks a ton you guys. Wisdom here is fantastic!! 

Thank You Sponsors!